Lingering RCI availability

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Just wanted to put an FYI out there in case anybody has an RCI timeshare. There are still DVC rooms available on RCI.

There’s sporadic availability through the summer at SSR and OKW.

Tonight I saw Boulder Ridge and Animal Kingdom Lodge both available the week of 8/13.

I’m assuming that all the DVC points that people dumped into RCI when they couldn’t use them are just sticking around until people use them up. My in-depth knowledge of the workings of RCI is lacking.

nickys

Premium Member
Just wanted to put an FYI out there in case anybody has an RCI timeshare. There are still DVC rooms available on RCI.

There’s sporadic availability through the summer at SSR and OKW.

Tonight I saw Boulder Ridge and Animal Kingdom Lodge both available the week of 8/13.

I’m assuming that all the DVC points that people dumped into RCI when they couldn’t use them are just sticking around until people use them up. My in-depth knowledge of the workings of RCI is lacking.
Yes, I read somewhere that DVC dumped a lot of rooms into RCI up until September to cover all the points that have been deposited with them last year. People have managed to book bigger villas at the Boardwalk, AKL and other resorts through RCI.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Yes, I read somewhere that DVC dumped a lot of rooms into RCI up until September to cover all the points that have been deposited with them last year. People have managed to book bigger villas at the Boardwalk, AKL and other resorts through RCI.
Ooh. I’d love to see something larger than a 1 br, but I haven’t. We’ve been able to book two 1br at Boardwalk over the summer, which is way better than the off-site options through RCI. A 2 bedroom would be pretty awesome.

I’ve been watching the availability, just out of curiosity, and haven’t seen anything available after mid-August. Do you think DVC dumped all the points they could?

nickys

Premium Member
Ooh. I’d love to see something larger than a 1 br, but I haven’t. We’ve been able to book two 1br at Boardwalk over the summer, which is way better than the off-site options through RCI. A 2 bedroom would be pretty awesome.

I’ve been watching the availability, just out of curiosity, and haven’t seen anything available after mid-August. Do you think DVC dumped all the points they could?
Because they’ve changed now to II, I guess they wanted to try and clear all the points that were put into RCI last year so they can sever ties with RCI as soon as possible.

RememberWhen

Original Poster
Because they’ve changed now to II, I guess they wanted to try and clear all the points that were put into RCI last year so they can sever ties with RCI as soon as possible.
That was my assumption too. We’ve got two summer trips booked already, but I keep checking on the off chance there’s a fall or winter week available before our passes expire in February.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom