Line to Enter Pandora?

Lord Starwalker

Original Poster
For those who have visited AK in 2018, is there a line/queue to wait in to simply enter Pandora? After hearing about all of the long lines and wait times for Pandora attractions, I'm wondering if that section of the park reaches maximum capacity.

I am trying to determine if we need to head to Pandora earlier in the day or not. We will be visiting AK on Thursday, 2-15-2018. We have FP for Expedition Everest at 2:45. We also managed to get FP for Na'vi River Journey at 5:15 pm. So, we were not planning to head into Pandora until around 4:00 pm in the afternoon.

dreamfinder

Depending on when you get to Pandora there may very well be one (or more) lines on the bridges to get into the parks. However, these are most likely for FoP and NRJ. There should be a CM at the end of the line with a sign saying "FoJ Line Ends Here" or similar. You should be able to still walk into the land to look around. At that time of day I'd expect the lines to be in their respective queues and not in the pathways, but anything is possible.

The_Jobu

Your best bet to avoid excessive wait times is to get to the park before opening and head straight for FoP. It can balloon up to 4 hours some days.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
To concur with what has been said...

No line to get into the land.

Na'vi River Journey from what I saw last week no longer has such a huge wait that its line spills out past its queue.

Flight of Passage, OTOH, often spills out past it's queue when it hits over 2 hours long. (The queue is supposed to hole 3 hours worth, but, people spread themselves out thin in line.) Early in the morning, the overspill for FoP goes out onto the bridge to Discovery Island, which makes sense, since most people in the morning are coming from that direction. At some point, they move the overspill to the bridge leading to Africa. I've seen the Africa bridge, which is quite long, be half filled with overspill.

Distant

Related to the question above- we could not get fast passes for Flight of Passage.
If we got there right on the open, what kind of wait should we expect for this attraction?
This will be next week.

The_Jobu

Related to the question above- we could not get fast passes for Flight of Passage.
If we got there right on the open, what kind of wait should we expect for this attraction?
This will be next week.

Look up a Pandora Youtube video by touringplans. They give you exactly what you're looking for

Texas84

This will be next week.

My last experience was got there on a regular opening at 0830 and out by 1000. On an EMH got there at 0730, out about 0845 and got back in line, about 90 minutes.

Driver

This will be next week.
I have lost count of how many times I've been on the attraction, that being said much of what is posted here is accurate. So yes get there early for Rope Drop. Don't let the long line throw ya , it does move along in the early morning. Why? Because there are limited amounts of FP given in the morning. This is by design, to get numbers through the attraction. I have been there at rope drop with the line out to Africa and got seated in 80 minutes. ( not every time). Later in the a.m. FP's ramp up and the stand by line gets way shorter but brace yourself that's when the wait can get up to 4 hrs. (ask me how I know🙄) And lastly if your staying on property consider going on Monday a.m. there is EMH at 8 a.m. this can go a long way to cut your wait time. Good Luck and enjoy!

fluffy

I have lost count of how many times I've been on the attraction, that being said much of what is posted here is accurate. So yes get there early for Rope Drop. Don't let the long line throw ya , it does move along in the early morning. Why? Because there are limited amounts of FP given in the morning. This is by design, to get numbers through the attraction. I have been there at rope drop with the line out to Africa and got seated in 80 minutes. ( not every time). Later in the a.m. FP's ramp up and the stand by line gets way shorter but brace yourself that's when the wait can get up to 4 hrs. (ask me how I know🙄) And lastly if your staying on property consider going on Monday a.m. there is EMH at 8 a.m. this can go a long way to cut your wait time. Good Luck and enjoy!
Thank you....this helps and the EMH information really helps too. I didn't know it was 8 Am on Mondays.

DfromATX

This will be next week.

How soon before your trip did you try for the FP?

Distant

How soon before your trip did you try for the FP?

We tried on the first day available- 60 days prior. Nothing. Then we checked back from time-to-time. Still nothing.

But we are now back.

To give everyone a report.
We arrived at the entrance at 7.15 and were through the gates at 7.35?
We went straight to the line but we didn't run or anything. My 75+ year old parents were with us.

The line moved fast but it was still long.
The total wait was 40 minutes and this was from the time we began to walk the line until the pre-show began.

My son and I also rode it at the end of the day.
We got in line at 7.50pm and the sign said the wait was 130.
However, there are no FP after closing so our line moved pretty quick.
We were in the pre-show after just 65 minutes.

So the lesson is- if you don't have a FP go early or late.

YankeeMouse

When we entered Flight of Passage line just before closing, line was about 1 hour (no fastpasses left). If you are in line before closing time, you will be allowed to wait in line and do the ride. Line moves steadily and there's a lot to look at. It also takes you a different route than the FP route and is more detailed.

cheezbat

There are never FastPasses available for Flight of Passage...same as Seven Dwarfs and Frozen Ever After...it's just the new big thing in the park.

Still, definitely do what everyone else says (going before park opening or later at night) and waits are far more manageable.

Bairstow

Recent results:

Saturday 3/10: EMH started at 7, regular hours at 8, we got to the park at 7:45, (emh was moved back an hour after we made plans and we hadn't re-checked) Overflow queue started on the bridge halfway to Africa. Total wait time 1:45.

Saturday 3/10, evening: Park closed at 9:00 pm and we got into the line at 8:50. There was no overflow queue and the normal standby queue was mostly full to the first waterfall bridges. Total wait time: 0:50

Monday 3/12: EMH started at 7:00 again and this time we got there at 7:15. Overflow queue started at the entrance to Pandora from Discovery Island before snaking all the way down the Western bridge to Africa and back again. CMs were advising that this was going to be a 3-hour wait. After one hour, we hadn't even made it to where we started on Saturday morning, so we have every reason to believe the full wait time would have exceeded 3 hours, as normal park hours and fastpass times had started. We bailed on the queue at that point and tried to go do the single rider line at Everest only to find the coaster was down. Whether or not Everest's downtime was effecting Avatar's wait time is unknown to me but possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom