Limited Time Magic: Is this Working?

Is this a good idea?

• Yes. Good idea, I like it.

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Yes. Good Idea, Horrible Execution.

Votes: 36 38.3%
  • No. Bad idea. Horrible Concept from the start.

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • No. Bad Idea. Could still somehow work tho.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • I don't care one way or the other about Limited Time Magic.

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
So we're Six weeks into this Limited Time Magic thingymabobby.

Is it working? Does this appeal to you at all? Does it make you want to go to WDW?

So far, we've had a mere 2 weeks of things that even seem decent. Long Lost Friends and the Love week.

It seems to me that this was a half-baked idea that was created by some junior marketing executive who walked in with make 3 or 4 ideas for the entire year and has yet to come up with anything else.

Monkee Girl

I think the only thing Disney can do to actually get people to think 'I am going to book a trip to Disney' is if they do something money-wise...the free dining plans, money off Hotels, that kind of stuff. That being said, The limited time magic is a cool thing to me because it is just a little something extra for the people already there. I already had my trip booked before this promotion so I am just going with the flow. I am actually a little excited to see what they do for Easter. They already have the southern bells out and the Easter bunny...but....will they have a special Easter Parade? or something like that? I am hoping because I miss the Easter Parade so much.

I do think they could have planned it a little better...did more stuff or gave more notice for events. They are only telling us what the event will be a week before...that gives no one time to plan anything. For example...if a couple plans a meal for V-Day, it's going to be planned 180 days in advance...not a week before the trip. I will not find out what is involved for Easter until a week before and I think that's odd.

All in all, I think it's a neat concept. I look forward to seeing what else they are going to do. Maybe they will do a limited time Magic of Aurora wearing blue...that would get me to the park, haha

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
6c275c75db23dc9d9b1d29e80814efb2.jpg

That about sums it up. I'm aware of it, and it could have been a wondrous endeavor, but they really dropped the ball to this point.

There's still time for redemption but I'm not counting on it.

Acolli18

It didnt get me to jump and book a trip asap, but I'm slightly curious/anxious to know whats going on in June when we're there now...

I_heart_Tigger

It didnt get me to jump and book a trip asap, but I'm slightly curious/anxious to know whats going on in June when we're there now...

Same here. I'm also going in June over the span of two weeks. I'm at the point though that I hope at laast one week isn't lame. I don't know if that says much about the theme overall if my biggest hope is that it's not lame at least half of the time.

Gonzo79

It doesn't appeal to me at all because I know that I'm not going to WDW this year.Even if I was,I dont think that it would play any part in our planning. I don't think that its a terrible idea though,it just sounds like they're doing a horrible job at executing it.

Acolli18

Same here. I'm also going in June over the span of two weeks. I'm at the point though that I hope at laast one week isn't lame. I don't know if that says much about the theme overall if my biggest hope is that it's not lame at least half of the time.
Exactly. We'll be there June 7th-13th and I'm just hoping its not something incorporated with Star Wars Weekend, since I'm not a big fan of SW

PUSH

I see it as something more for the locals. They get some different events, but it's not something I'd travel across the country for. I'm just as happy to go at a time that's more convenient for me. The name of it is awful; it implies that the magic isn't around all of the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom