Limited Room Requests

Spash007

Wanted to see if anyone else ran into this. I was just doing online check in for my upcoming star at CBR, and for requests, there were only three available options: Martinique, Corner Room, Near Transportation. No ground floor request, and none of the other villages were available. Considering we have a standard room, which are not even in Martinique, I thought this was very odd.

I was told by a cast member they are now limiting room request options due to "the many enhancements being made to parks and resorts", and that I can request a ground floor room when I check in. This seems to get rid of some of the benefit of checking in online. I'm wondering if all of this due to further budget cuts, and less staff being able to review requests.

Minnie Mum

It probably has more to do with the massive construction that's been going on at CBR. If you have a specific room request, just phone it in. I always make money when I first book the room.

Online check in room requests have always been limited in scope. The real purpose is to streamline and reduce the time required for check in on arrival. I remember the "good old days" when it could take an hour before you could check in and get your room key.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Online requests have been like this for a year or so.

Rumour seems to be this is due to too many people thinking their request was a guarantee of a certain location, and then getting irate when they didn’t get it.

You can always call the reservation line or your TA* to get the request noted on the actual reservation. Still only a request.

* If you booked through a TA, only they can add a request. Similarly, if renting DVC points, only the owner can add a request - so go to the owner or broker.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

I found 2 options at BLT and 3 at BWV (oddly upper floor and top floor were options, but no ground floor). Seems odd to me too. Since we're DVC I will chat in our room requests which would be ground at BWV and highest at BLT likely.

Rumour seems to be this is due to too many people thinking their request was a guarantee of a certain location, and then getting irate when they didn’t get it.

You can always call the reservation line or your TA* to get the request noted on the actual reservation. Still only a request.

* If you booked through a TA, only they can add a request. Similarly, if renting DVC points, only the owner can add a request - so go to the owner or broker.

When they were working, they weren't quite this bad. Only upper floor and near elevator were there for BLT. I know I had way more option before it stopped working.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Agree. Call. At least you can get a request in with a real person.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom