Lilo & Stitch

CmdrTostada

Original Poster
I just saw lilo and stitch. Did anyone else notice the references to other Disney movies? When Lilo had just picked up stitch there was a restaurant called mulan wok. In nani's room she had a mulan movie poster. And near the end when stitch leaves the house and starts reading the ugly duckling, in Lilo's easel there is a dumbo doll.

Scar Junior

I have been very busy the past few weeks graduating high school, having my party, finding a job, going to orientation at my college, etc. So I just saw Lilo and Stitch two days ago. It was very different but I still loved it. Very not what I thought it was gonna be at all and I liked how different it was from everything else. I hope this is successful enough for an attraction at one of the parks.

BigNorm

Dumbo in Lilo and Stitch

Lilo and Stitch is the first Disney movie do be created in water colour since what Disney movie? If you guessed Dumbo, you're correct. The little Dumbo "cameo" is paying homage to the classic Disney movie. Just a neat little fact I thought I'd pass along.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
the things I noticed were:

1-Dumbo on Lilo's easel
2-Mulan poster on Nani's wall
3-Mulan Wok
4-Orlando Postcard w/ Cinderella's castle in the background
5-Disney Cruise
6-every license plate is A113 (classroom in CalTech apparently, where a lot of the animators studied at)

WDWsmith2001

The "Flamingo" story in Fantasia was done totally in water color.
BTW I loved the part where the professor said Stitch was programmed to "steal everyone's left shoe" :lol:

bearboysnc

6-every license plate is A113 (classroom in CalTech apparently, where a lot of the animators studied at)
Cal Arts (California Institute of the Arts) was founded in the late 60's by Ahmanson foundation as an Art School with the guidence of Walt Disney. There were 5 divisions. Art, Film, Theater, Music, Photography.

Several Disney animators taught classes at the school. The school eventually became the training ground for "would be" Disney animators. At the time no other school taught animation.

A113 was the old Library. A very large room with 3 story high ceilings. The animators took over, and sub-divided into little cubbies. Each animation student had his/her own cubby. You could hear them at all hours of the night laughing, working, brain storming.

Legacy

Originally Posted By WDWsmith2001-[/]

BTW I loved the part where the professor said Stitch was programmed to "steal everyone's left shoe"

I know... I just saw the movie again yesterday and there are so many lines that I missed the first time around. Like one of the charges for Jumba is being a 'mean scientist' instead of mad.

This is one of those great movies where you get to see something new everytime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom