Lilo & Stitch Movie Review

StarscreamLSU

I like the promo trailers they are playing on the Disney Channel (not sure if other channels are playing the same ones) with 'Aladdin' and 'Beauty and the Beast'...

Probably not going to be a big smash - but looks like it may be enjoyable. I don't think it woudl impact 'Alien Encounter' in anyway since thats supposed to be a scary thing.

TTA Traveler

Originally posted by StarscreamLSU
I like the promo trailers they are playing on the Disney Channel (not sure if other channels are playing the same ones) with 'Aladdin' and 'Beauty and the Beast'...

YES! The new "Inter-stitch-als" are defnitly the coolest things ive seem from Disney latley, the new little mermaid one had its debut tonite on the disney channel and should be on the website soon, but wasnt as impressive as the first two. I heard the next one is gonna be a lion king one & from what ive heard is HILARIOUS....cant wait

Goofster

Yeah, I was surprised last night, just thinking about how much I dislike Lizzie McGwire and all of a sudden the Little Mermaid comes on. Could it be, yes, there's Stitch! Sweetness! It really surprised me.

NowInc

Yeah..i personally think this one is the worst of them all..but I am sure the Lion King one is much much better ;)

Goofster

Yeah, it'll be bigger than Emperor's, Disney's setting up for something huge, and I think the inter-stitch-als 'll do the trick.

Maria

I watched the trailers today and liked them! It´s a shame that when it finally gets to Mexico, it will come dubbed, so I will miss some of the jokes...:rolleyes:

It looks like Disney is making fun of themselves before others do anyways, don´t you think? That´s why I am sure I will like it... hehe:D ;)

StarscreamLSU

I didn't like the spots when they first started, mostly since when I turned it on it just happened to get my hopes up that Aladdin was being shown on TV.... :(

prberk

Hope it does well

All I know is that I hope this movie is good, and that it does well. I really think the pressure is on for traditional animation to show that it can still draw a crowd, compared to computer graphics like "Shrek" and "Monsters, Inc."

The most important thing is the story, of course, and NOT the format, but I think people are no longer expecting high things from traditional animation. And I hope Disney doesn't help that expectation along....

I hope it is good!

lemonade

I love the trailers for this movie. Maybe it's me but did anyone else notice that when the trailer shows the clips of the movie while he's in space the animation has that clean look like most new Disney cartoons have. But when it shows him on earth it looks like it was hand drawn like the older cartoons.

NowInc

Actually...most people dont know this but movie trailers (for cartoons as well as live motion) contain "unfinished" clips..meaning they arent cleaned up..and most of the time..they are missing the effects that show up in the final version...

why? Because they have to send them off to be edited MONTHS in advance..way before the final deadline..so I wouldnt think too much of the difference in the styles..chances are it will be much cleaner when it hits the big screen.

TURKEY

Originally posted by StarscreamLSU
I didn't like the spots when they first started, mostly since when I turned it on it just happened to get my hopes up that Aladdin was being shown on TV.... :(

Don't expect to see any of the classics on tv in IMO. They want everyone to wait and buy the videos and DVD's when they come out.

StarscreamLSU

Don't expect to see any of the classics on tv in IMO. They want everyone to wait and buy the videos and DVD's when they come out.

True. But you can sometimes get lucky - I've noticed this on Toon Disney at least.

Sometimes you'll get lucky on WWoD - Cinderella was on like a week ago (obviously to drum up Cinderella 2 sales), and Tarzan was on at least a month ago.

jcrb

I'm I the only one that does not like LIO AND STINCH!

I think it a crime, Disney might be putting out another movie - maby it be as bad as the Blake Culdren.

I'm sorry but I'm not the only one that thinks Disney has gone a little too far.

First they should never have let Jeffery get away.

This company use to make Grest Movies.

The Nieties Were best years of Disney Movies in over Three Decades. Except Oliver which was 89

What about return to
"Never Land" that movie should have never been able to premier.

Also look at all the sequales. - Ways to make a little bit more money.

NO HONOR - NOT THOUGHT-

Tell me that I'm wrong to judge it but right now I dislike the movie!

Goofster

Well, actually, we should not be hating Disney's sequels as much as all of us do. I might have read this on this board, maybe not, but still, everything boils down to the fact that the rights to many disney characters are going to be out in the open soon. disney is scrambling to get these sequels made so that other companies can't make them instead when the rights run out. I'm sure there's someone that knows more about this than I do, and if they do, I'd love for them to explain.

NowInc

The sequals may not appeal to YOU, but kids eat em up and love it. They dont cost much to produce (compaired to other full length movies) and pay for themselves in video sales..quick...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom