"Like" count change?

MissM

Original Poster
Ok, this is really petty but I'm pretty sure when the board first changed styles, I had way more "Likes" than I do now. Because I remember thinking, how did I get so many likes when the system was just implemented? but then I read they were a holdover from a few years back when you could rate posts and such. Ok, great that makes sense. And, the number of "likes" was apparently related to the fact I was a "Well-Known Member" since it wasn't just how long you've been around or how many times you've posted.

But now, I noticed the other day, I was down to 90-something likes and it just recently went over 100. But that confuses me since I'm sure it was more a couple weeks ago.

Am I just crazy here? o_O

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Ok, this is really petty but I'm pretty sure when the board first changed styles, I had way more "Likes" than I do now. Because I remember thinking, how did I get so many likes when the system was just implemented? but then I read they were a holdover from a few years back when you could rate posts and such. Ok, great that makes sense. And, the number of "likes" was apparently related to the fact I was a "Well-Known Member" since it wasn't just how long you've been around or how many times you've posted.

But now, I noticed the other day, I was down to 90-something likes and it just recently went over 100. But that confuses me since I'm sure it was more a couple weeks ago.

Am I just crazy here? o_O
There have been no changes to the count from a system perspective, but a user can remove a like on something they had previously liked.

MissM

Original Poster
Hrm, well I don't know. It's certainly not anything life-shattering or even important. I just thought it was different before and that it seemed to have changed but I couldn't exactly put my finger on when/how/how much. So I thought I'd mention it in case it was a bug or something as opposed to just me being weird. :p

disneyrcks

Hrm, well I don't know. It's certainly not anything life-shattering or even important. I just thought it was different before and that it seemed to have changed but I couldn't exactly put my finger on when/how/how much. So I thought I'd mention it in case it was a bug or something as opposed to just me being weird. :p

Any chance you were looking at your points? Points came over with us during the switch, so could it be your points you saw rather than the likes?

MissM

Original Poster
Any chance you were looking at your points? Points came over with us during the switch, so could it be your points you saw rather than the likes?
I don't know. I'm numerically dyslexic anyway so who knows? :p It just seemed off to me but I wasn't sure but I thought I'd ask just in case. Don't mind me. :oops:

You need to get a like "buddy". Another forum member to like all your posts and you like all of theirs.
Volunteering? :D

MissM

Original Poster
Always good to ask :) I hope you are feeling well!! :)
I just wanted to be sure it wasn't some weird glitch. Nope, the glitch is just me apparently! :p I'm doing well, thanks. 9 months post-op. Eager to reach my year since that's when I'll finally be 100% healed. Still struggling with paying off the medical bills but chipping away at them slowly which is good. Overall though, I feel pretty good these days and that's definitely a good thing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom