Lights Up on our Favorite Dark Rides!

poohbear6103

The only time I ever saw any ride with the lights on was Space Mountain this past September. The only thing is I did not see it while ON SPace Mountain. I saw it from TTA! You know the part that goes through Space Mountain and you can see it on your letf hand side? It looked so weird!!! I am really glad I got to see that and thanks to TTA being a slow ride we were able to look at it for a while and soak it in. I think about that now whenever I ride Space Mountain :)

45 more days :xmas:

m star

We once went on Peter Pan's Flight and they had left the work lights on. When we came out, we told the CM, and we got to go around again with out waiting in line! (with the lights off this time) I did enjoy seeing the ride with the lights on, I got to see how they did some of their effects.

wdwplaid96

A few Holiday Seasons ago we had the Epcot Salaried and Office And Technical Cast Member Holiday party in Tomorrowland. It was a nice gig with a one hour time frame of Space Mountain being available for us to ride with the lights on. It was truly a unique experience. Made me want the lights off. Lots of tight turns and clearances with beams.

disneytati

Dj Corona said:
Going down the hill into the graveyard of the Haunted Mansion. Had to walk through it with the lights on. That was bizzare.

Oh, my!!!! I would have had a heart attack! :lol: I guess I wouldn't have the guts to open my eyes!!! I would have to be guided out of the ride with my eyes shut...

Done most of the rides with the lights on. My favorite ride with lights on has got to me Rockin Rollercoaster. I've also seen Spaceship earth with the lights on and I've gotten stuck on all the rides. ALL OF THEM!!! The ride I loved getting stuck on is SSE and Dinosaur. It's tire or something got stuck and wouldn't continue. So we were stuck there seeing the big red dinosaur head for about a good 20 minutes. The car kept on moving up and down and up and down like it was stuck and the lights were obviously on. All you can hear are the dinosaurs in back of you and woah, that was awesome and scary for me. Heh....ahhh it pays to be a cast member. =)

Epcot82Guy

I've actually only had two lights-on estops. Both were while I was a CPer in 2002. One was on Space Mtn. Something got stuck on the track and they had to clear it. We were stopped on the mini-brake about 3/4 through the ride (right before the red tunnel) on the left side. Our friends were halfway back (just after the re-entry of the lift area). The lights went on and we sat for several minutes. Then, a CM had to come and manually clear each of the cars, so we got to ride a small portion with the lights on. THOSE BEAMS ARE MUCH CLOSER THAN I THOUGHT!!!:eek:

The other e-stop was on SSE during the top scene. It was only for a second, but I then saw that the moon landscape is nothing more than cutouts. I had always thought it was really done as a terrain, but it was not. Very disappointing since that scene had been one of my favorites since I was a kid.

ChrisH9339

Ride Stops

I've only been evacuated off of Splash Mountain. Got stuck at the end after the riverboat scene. Had to walk along the scenery and out a door to the left of Brer Rabbit's house. Would've been more interesting to be yanked off deeper into the ride.

During the ESPN weekend at MGM, the set pieces in the Rock N Roller Coaster weren't lighting up for a brief period of time, and I also got stuck on a car with no audio. So no audio in total darkness made for a less exciting ride (though it was probably scary for someone who had never been on it and had no idea where the turns were).

Indy95

The only two "lights on" experiences I've had were on Test track (on many occasions) and Space Mountain.

On Test Track, we were stuck on the "Handling" tests, so you could imagine how fun THAT emergency stop was! We were then herded to the emergency exit that's right beside the Corrosion Chamber, and led to the post-show area.

On Space Mountain, the lights came on, but we were allowed to finish the ride! (Though we only had another two turns to go :() I guess someone took a REALLY long time getting out, so all the cars backed up and the ride had to E-Stop and flip on the lights. Of course, since there was really nothing wrong with the ride itself, they let all of the cars on the track finish with the lights on!

MicBat

Test Track really doesn't look much different with the work lights on. Others, on the other hand, I've gotten to see and it's amazing! Rock-n-Roller Coaster.. whoa!..

Testtrack321

Indy95 said:
The only two "lights on" experiences I've had were on Test track (on many occasions) and Space Mountain.

On Test Track, we were stuck on the "Handling" tests, so you could imagine how fun THAT emergency stop was! We were then herded to the emergency exit that's right beside the Corrosion Chamber, and led to the post-show area.

On Space Mountain, the lights came on, but we were allowed to finish the ride! (Though we only had another two turns to go :() I guess someone took a REALLY long time getting out, so all the cars backed up and the ride had to E-Stop and flip on the lights. Of course, since there was really nothing wrong with the ride itself, they let all of the cars on the track finish with the lights on!

I was there for Space Jeff. The problem was that there was a huge lady (I mean huge, as in she will collapse into herself and cause a super nova big) that got stuck in the car and couldn't get out. Space is a very picky ride for e-stops, so the whole ride shut down and needed to be restarted.

se8472

Testtrack321 said:
I was there for Space Jeff. The problem was that there was a huge lady (I mean huge, as in she will collapse into herself and cause a super nova big) that got stuck in the car and couldn't get out. Space is a very picky ride for e-stops, so the whole ride shut down and needed to be restarted.

Space does not auto e-stop for slow guest.

Indy95

se8472 said:
Space does not auto e-stop for slow guest.
Well the thing is that was really the only thing that could have happened. Everyone that we talked to after we got off (including CMs at the entrance) said that "Neutron Star" lady just simply could't get out of the vehicle. What happened was that every vehicle behind hears had to stop and wait, and the back up went up to the first brake run (after the red tunnel, which is where we were actually since Joe reminded me), and the ride automatically e-stopped. That's what we were told anyway, if there was something else then I guess it was just an weird coincidence.

Lee

Adventurer
This is a pretty long thread, so I'm not gonna look, but has anyone posted the link to the lights on video of Disneyland's old Space Mountain?

It's a pretty good way to remember the old version, while we wait for 2.0.

Three formats right here.

Jekyll

Original Poster
Ok I started this thread and thus far no one has posted pictures or video of lights up on anything. Hopefully someone will now.

WDWScottieBoy

Jekyll said:
Ok I started this thread and thus far no one has posted pictures or video of lights up on anything. Hopefully someone will now.

Lee said:

That looks like a video to me! I can't wait to experience a ride with the lights on. I just got the pleasure of queueing for Space with the lights on, but they went off before I got on.

Lee

Adventurer
Ok, since I'm the only one coughing up photos, here's another one...

The band in the Mansion graveyard scene.

WARNING: This is one of those types of photos that can "ruin the magic" for some people. So be sure you want to see it before you click here.

Testtrack321

Lee said:
Ok, since I'm the only one coughing up photos, here's another one...

The band in the Mansion graveyard scene.

WARNING: This is one of those types of photos that can "ruin the magic" for some people. So be sure you want to see it before you click here.

Foget the AAs... look at those cats! They are FREAKY!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom