News Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy (New Show for 2019)

RSoxNo1

Is this essentially a demonstration of CAVE?

This looks/feels like something that could have been done under an Imagineering pretense of "look at the tools we have at our disposal" in the new Play Pavilion.

I didn't have high hopes, I guess they were met.

GlacierGlacier

This looks/feels like something that could have been done under an Imagineering pretense of "look at the tools we have at our disposal" in the new Play Pavilion.

Not quite a demonstration of a CAVE system.

Caves are typically floor to ceiling, >180°, sometimes tracking the head of one individual in the center to make sure perspective works.

This is more akin to a really fancy lineup of projectors. Imagine a seamless circlevision but not a circle.

Also, it's most definitely not realtime, unlike caves can be.

Kman101

What were people expecting? It felt fairly clear what this would be. I think what people really want to say is "I'd rather this be a ride".

Kman101

As long as they didn't make us stand like for Jack Sparrow... it's a win.

And it has .... dun dun dun ... AC!

At least they added bench seating.

I like Mater's song.

It's cute enough. Nothing earth shattering. In a park that needs things to do, this isn't worth any complaining, IMO.

I get some not liking it. That's fine, personal preference and all that ... the dance party outside is for kids. I'm good with that as well. It's basically a less impressive Municiberg. It's good filler for now in a park that needs things to do.

It's fun seeing some dismiss the animatronic, too (not here, just what I've seen elsewhere) "but it's a projected mouth" ... I swear some go to great lengths to insist their point is right. DisTwitter is ... interesting, to say the least ...

Brer Panther

I'm glad to see that the original voice cast was used for this attraction. It seems like a lot of times in the parks they go with sound-alikes for animated characters which always bothers me.
IS it the original cast? I know that John Ratzenberger reprised his role as Mack and I'm guessing Larry the Cable Guy did Mater since he's reprised his role for practically everything else, but has it been confirmed that it's Owen Wilson as Lightning McQueen?

I wish that it weren't so hard to figure out who voices who on theme park attractions. I've been trying to figure out whether or not that's Jess Harnell doing Pita Gabriel in "Food Rocks" for a while now...

Purduevian

IS it the original cast? I know that John Ratzenberger reprised his role as Mack and I'm guessing Larry the Cable Guy did Mater since he's reprised his role for practically everything else, but has it been confirmed that it's Owen Wilson as Lightning McQueen?

I wish that it weren't so hard to figure out who voices who on theme park attractions. I've been trying to figure out whether or not that's Jess Harnell doing Pita Gabriel in "Food Rocks" for a while now...
vc5q18cgsd401.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom