News Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy (New Show for 2019)

Surferboy567

Not sure if this has been discussed but is this show/attraction permanent? Or is it just a quick fix until more things from the studios get announced at (hopefully D23 a guy can dream)

PorterRedkey

Woo Hoo! For thrills only KI isn't too bad.
Kings Island is a great amusement park, one of the best! Not only are the rides great but the atmosphere as well. Best entrance plaza of any amusement park. Those fountains are such a great feature!

KI was originally built to be like Disney, with the Hanna Barbara charters serving as their Mickey Mouse. It’s a cool story if you ever have time to check it out.

I have great memories of spending my youthful summers at Kings Island. It will always have a special place in my heart.

PorterRedkey

Also of note, the Red/yellow stripe was recently painted on for this. Small detail, but it demonstrates the semi-permanent nature of this attraction.
I thought this was a permanent addition. I know this was originally a flex space, but I thought that ended with this attraction.
Isn’t this attraction supposed to be a next-gen, Turtle Talk type attraction, but with a full animatronic McQueen? Wouldn’t there be easier spaces to change out? Was this originally/still supposed to only be a temporary?

YodaMan

I thought this was a permanent addition. I know this was originally a flex space, but I thought that ended with this attraction.
Isn’t this attraction supposed to be a next-gen, Turtle Talk type attraction, but with a full animatronic McQueen? Wouldn’t there be easier spaces to change out? Was this originally/still supposed to only be a temporary?

I think the assumption was that this was temporary-ish. That it would open at the start of 2019 and help offset capacity so another theater show (BatB or VotLM) could close and get redone before Galaxy’s Edge. And then when a new show was ready they could decide whether or not to keep LMRA. But then McQueen got pushed back and is opening later and Galaxy’s Edge is opening sooner and tbh I assume it’s just become permanent because they’ll need all the capacity they can get at this point.

PorterRedkey

I think the assumption was that this was temporary-ish. That it would open at the start of 2019 and help offset capacity so another theater show (BatB or VotLM) could close and get redone before Galaxy’s Edge. And then when a new show was ready they could decide whether or not to keep LMRA. But then McQueen got pushed back and is opening later and Galaxy’s Edge is opening sooner and tbh I assume it’s just become permanent because they’ll need all the capacity they can get at this point.
I thought that too when I believed it was only a MnG. Now it looks like it will be a Turtle Talk-type experience on Steroids and not some Cars dance party.

Turtle Talk - screen and seats.
LMRA- giant wrap screen, more seating, plus an animatronic McQueen.

Out the two of those TT seems less permanent, but it has been at the Sea for years.

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

ToTBellHop

Yes. It will stay longer but that’s why it got a budget boost.

-em

I expected something along the lines Monsters Inc or Turtle Talk- something more of a cute but forgettable time waster to sit inside on hot days.. while I definitely don’t think it’s rearrange travel plans to focus on it worthy I could easily see it ranked in the top 2-3 shows at the Studios.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed this especially as I’m not a huge Cars fan. It was engaging but not in your face annoying . Cute but not sappy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom