Lightning Lane Individual Attraction selling out???

RoadiJeff

RotR will be $30 a ride by March. šŸ˜‰
And it will probably still sell out early. The buying window LL for that attraction is getting shorter each day. It will eventually get to where it used to be with the virtual queue and if you didn't snag a boarding pass within the first 8 seconds of the magic 7:00am and 1:00pm hours each day you were out of luck.

There is a discussion in another thread about what ride is the best one in all of Florida. People don't have to look any further than this LL sellout each day for RotR to answer that question.

Greg in TN

I can see that... but to pay out of 'desperation' like that does not build good will among guests or create someone wanting to return there on their next vacation or speak happily about the experience when they get back home. The short game may be lucrative but the long game suffers.
My thoughts exactly. I just don't think this will play into building long-term guest loyalty. I've said it before, and I think it continues to be proven -- I don't believe Disney gives a flip about guest loyalty, as long as they can keep replacing the ticked off Disney loyalists with rubes or newbys who will blindly pay whatever is asked. Some seem to think the replacements will continue indefinitely ... I don't know ...

SteveAZee

My thoughts exactly. I just don't think this will play into building long-term guest loyalty. I've said it before, and I think it continues to be proven -- I don't believe Disney gives a flip about guest loyalty, as long as they can keep replacing the ticked off Disney loyalists with rubes or newbys who will blindly pay whatever is asked. Some seem to think the replacements will continue indefinitely ... I don't know ...

It'll be interesting to watch over the next few years. Chapek (I think) is painting himself into a corner.

bubbles1812

Iā€™m curious, does anyone know if the individual attraction purchases have been selling out right away, or have they been pretty open for purchase throughout the day? I guess Iā€™m just trying to figure out if this is the type of thing where you are going to have to get up at 7am or else be SOL.

Thanks in advance for any info!
Iā€™m at Disney right now. I havenā€™t see all of them sell out periodā€¦ Everest, Frozen, Runaway Railā€¦effectively the second tier rides. Or they at least sell much more slowly through the day.

The top tier rides have definitely been selling out. As for your question of how quick? 30 min-2 hours generally for the newest of the bunch (Remy, ROR). Mine Train is a little slower selling since itā€™s old? Pandora is in the middle there.

When I logged in at 7:02 am to buy RoR tickets my choices were in the noon hour or after 5. Iā€™m sure Remyā€™s will go just as fast on Thursday when we are doing our Epcot half day. We are glad we rode that ride six years ago when in actual France šŸ˜‚

As for this whole pay to play thing, itā€™s hella annoying (I very much miss FP+), but I also donā€™t want to wait 2 hours for Rise of Resistance so our current attitude is ā€œit is what it is.ā€ I would just kill for a modify button on the Genie+ side personally.

Last edited:

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Iā€™m at Disney right now. I havenā€™t see all of them sell out periodā€¦ Everest, Frozen, Runaway Railā€¦effectively the second tier rides. Or they at least sell much more slowly through the day.

The top tier rides have definitely been selling out. As for your question of how quick? 30 min-2 hours generally for the newest of the bunch (Remy, ROR). Mine Train is a little slower selling since itā€™s old? Pandora is in the middle there.

When I logged in at 7:02 am to buy RoR tickets my choices were in the noon hour or after 5. Iā€™m sure Remyā€™s will go just as fast on Thursday when we are doing our Epcot half day. We are glad we rode that ride six years ago when in actual France šŸ˜‚

As for this whole pay to play thing, itā€™s hella annoying (I very much miss FP+), but I also donā€™t want to wait 2 hours for Rise of Resistance so our current attitude is ā€œit is what it is.ā€ I would just kill for a modify button on the Genie+ side personally.
Thanks so much for those updates, great info!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

You people realize you don't have to buy Genie + or any pay per ride Lightning Lanes right? That crap is all voluntary. You can just purchase your ticket and get in the stand by line or get your normal boarding pass for rides like RISE, and shut up. No one is forcing you to buy anything. It is all optional. I swear some of you just like to whine. We have more important things to dicuss on this forum like how the new Star Wars over priced role playing, small room, hotel does not have pools or ice machines for their guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom