Rumor Light Rail / Tram Link for Disney Springs to TTC?

nace888

Original Poster
Don't quote me on this, and I can't even verify my source, but I'd heard a potential possibility of a Light Rail / Tram link to connect some more of the property, one connection I'd heard was the Disney Springs to TTC connection.

I believe there's already buses are there not? Can someone clear this up for me?

nace888

Original Poster
Technically they did say they were doing big things with their transportation department aside from Monorails and Gondolas... At least I think they did?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Don't quote me on this, and I can't even verify my source, but I'd heard a potential possibility of a Light Rail / Tram link to connect some more of the property, one connection I'd heard was the Disney Springs to TTC connection.

I believe there's already buses are there not? Can someone clear this up for me?

There are buses from the parks to DS after 4:00 PM, but not at other times, and not back to the parks, this is to prevent people from parking at DS for free. If a link like that was created they would either have to start charging the same for DS parking at the parks, or verify that riders are guests at a Disney resort.

nace888

Original Poster
There are buses from the parks to DS after 4:00 PM, but not at other times, and not back to the parks, this is to prevent people from parking at DS for free. If a link like that was created they would either have to start charging the same for DS parking at the parks, or verify that riders are guests at a Disney resort.
That's part of the reason I was unsure about the rumor being true or not. I'd also heard AK to AKL being a thing...

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

TTC to DS is not a heavy traffic route. In fact since the MK bus stop expansion there really isn’t much bus activity at the TTC anymore that this would replace.

I guess it could eliminate DS busses from the monorail resorts and MK, but again, is there the traffic there to justify a non-bus link.

nace888

Original Poster
TTC to DS is not a heavy traffic route. In fact since the MK bus stop expansion there really isn’t much bus activity at the TTC anymore that this would replace.

I guess it could eliminate DS busses from the monorail resorts and MK, but again, is there the traffic there to justify a non-bus link.
That's very true....

What's the most traffic heavy route at the moment?

NiarrNDisney

I don't see a direct root ever going from Disney Springs to a Park as they would not be able to control the public from parking in DS for free only to take a ride over to one of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom