Liberty Tree Tavern or Garden Grill?

ilovelabs2021

Original Poster
My kids who are 11 AND 13 want to eat at both of these places on our July trip, but seeing as though the menus are so similar, I think we should just choose one. We are planning on two other character meals, so not sure we need a third. Any opinions out there?

KIsAPrincess

We love Liberty Tree Tavern. We went with a group of 10 (5 adults and 5 kids) during Spring Break. Everyone found something they liked. Even our most pickiest eater.

ilovelabs2021

Original Poster
Go with both. It is too hard to decide between those two. GG has new scene/view every few minutes and the food is great. And the LTT is just plain cozy with great food.
We have been to GG for breakfast, so we are familiar with the setting. I am mainly looking for food recs.

Weather_Lady

I'd choose Liberty Tree Tavern, especially if you already have multiple character meals. As you noted OP, the food is substantially similar between the two places (with the same kid-friendly mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, etc.), but LTT is more richly-themed, and provides a warmer and more intimate dining experience.

I know many will disagree, but I find Garden Grill cold, bland and loud - like a school cafeteria on wheels. The rotating view is cool, but you can see it all on Living With The Land anyway.

JohnD

My kids who are 11 AND 13 want to eat at both of these places on our July trip, but seeing as though the menus are so similar, I think we should just choose one. We are planning on two other character meals, so not sure we need a third. Any opinions out there?

Even if your trip isn't July 4th weekend, you could claim your dining at Liberty Tree Tavern is in the same month as Independence Day. Plus the food is good. Regarding Garden Grill, I prefer the breakfast but they're currently not serving it with 11am opening in EPCOT right now.

ilovelabs2021

Original Poster
Even if your trip isn't July 4th weekend, you could claim your dining at Liberty Tree Tavern is in the same month as Independence Day. Plus the food is good. Regarding Garden Grill, I prefer the breakfast but they're currently not serving it with 11am opening in EPCOT right now.
We love the breakfast, too, but I know that isn't being served.

Minnesota disney fan

We've eaten at both and love both. Liberty Tree is more our style (no characters), cozy, nice atmosphere and excellent food.
Garden Grill has delicious food, plenty of it, and excellent servers. They did have a fantastic character meal before covid, and the characters came around at least 3 times. They were alot of fun. But now I don't know how they do the characters if at all?

ilovelabs2021

Original Poster
We've eaten at both and love both. Liberty Tree is more our style (no characters), cozy, nice atmosphere and excellent food.
Garden Grill has delicious food, plenty of it, and excellent servers. They did have a fantastic character meal before covid, and the characters came around at least 3 times. They were alot of fun. But now I don't know how they do the characters if at all?
They are doing the characters, but in a modified format. I have a friend who has been recently and said that she thought they did a good change, even though it wasn't the same.

JIMINYCR

If choosing one over the other... go to Liberty Tree Tavern. We booked ADR for LTT and DW decided she wanted GG as well, so we are headed to both. ( Has been a while since she saw Chip & Dale and Pluto. And she wants to dine on the moving platform) If I was to judge on food, and dessert I'd say LTT has an edge.

Club Cooloholic

What is drawing them, the atmosphere or food? I have never done Garden Grill, but Liberty Tree was a surprise favorite for my family. Food was great, ambiance is eh if you ask me, but anytime you can get good food and a quiet spot in MK is good for me.

ilovelabs2021

Original Poster
MK is harder to find good food in, so LTT. There is so much good food elsewhere at Epcot. Depending on your trip dates, you may be there for the end of F&G or start of F&W.
Yes, we are leaning toward LTT. We actually arrive on the last day of the flower and garden festival, so we aren't booking any ADR's that day!

buckeyegator

be advised that ltt is using the diamond horseshoe revue area as overflow seating, not the same sceanary as ltt itself if you are into that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom