Liberty Tree Tavern or Crystal Palace for dinner at Magic Kingdom

The4mousekeeters

Original Poster
Trying to decide between these two for one night of our August trip. Have heard great things about the modified CP and we’ve never tried LTT, but would like to. Thoughts specifically about these two? (We have lots of others ADRs for the week).

BWW

Crystal Palace is very pretty and the characters are Pooh and Friends (my MIL loved the character meals) but I felt the food itself was unimpressive. However, the food at Liberty Tree was really, really good.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
We were at both LTT and CP back in January. Disclaimer I lover LTT and it is one of our favorites at MK if not WDW. That said, we were seated in the Diamond Horseshoe and it was not the same experience. We hadn't done the CP since the kids were small because we are not huge fans of buffets as adults. CP is now family style and at 1/3 less cost of LTT and the characters on top of it, we thought it to be a much better value. Food quality was great at both, but we could get more of anything we wanted at CP (not that we could, for a couple the family style is a ton of food).

DisAl

We did both the first week of June. Both were VERY good. I had posted photos of both location's meals along with some comments on the link below. Scroll down the page until you get to my posts.
FYI, the prime rib at CP was actually a lot better than the photo gives it credit for. I think they had probably put it on the grill for a minute to get it to the doneness that my wife wanted.
It really depends on the type of meal you want. If you want Thanksgiving feast comfort food, LTT. If you want something a little fancier, CP. In my opinion you won't go wrong either way.

Smiley/OCD

Both places are always on our list of "must-dos", however CP has always been for B'fast ) LOVE Pooh's French Toast), & LTT for dinner. As of last week, CP is not open for B'fast, so we had our traditional dinner at LTT back in mid-May...just as good as we always remembered it! If you enjoy Thanksgiving, you'll enjoy LTT!

Minnesota disney fan

I vote for LTT! The food is always delicious and plenty of it. I like the vibe of the place with period clothing and furnishings.
Our last meal at CP was a huge disappointment. However, that was before the family style setting post pandemic. Before, the buffet was lacking. We had cold chicken nuggets and luke warm potatoes. Things were picked over and not very tasty. All the food we tried seemed like it came right out of McDonalds. The characters were cute, but not worth the price, IMO. We aren't into character meals so there's that!
I hope CP is better now with the family style serving, but haven't eaten there. We still love LTT and eat there every trip.

Animaniac93-98

We were at both LTT and CP back in January. Disclaimer I lover LTT and it is one of our favorites at MK if not WDW. That said, we were seated in the Diamond Horseshoe and it was not the same experience. We hadn't done the CP since the kids were small because we are not huge fans of buffets as adults. CP is now family style and at 1/3 less cost of LTT and the characters on top of it, we thought it to be a much better value. Food quality was great at both, but we could get more of anything we wanted at CP (not that we could, for a couple the family style is a ton of food).

We ate at LTT in May. We had never eaten there before. We were seated in the Diamond Horseshoe area - but at a great table right next to the stage (player piano) on a raised seating area. It was just our table up there. Food was good and plentiful and our waiter brought us more of anything we wanted.

I was thinking of booking LTT for my next visit, but would be disappointed if I got seated the the Diamond Horseshoe instead.

Is that just a physical distancing thing that's going to change soon?

DisAl

I was thinking of booking LTT for my next visit, but would be disappointed if I got seated the the Diamond Horseshoe instead.

They are using it to increase capacity during busy times while still maintaining some distancing. Don't know how long that will last. When you check in you can request to be seated in the LTT rooms and they will accommodate you if they can. If that is really important to you (it was to us) offer to wait a little longer for a table if that will get you in the main building.

pixie225

Probably. They really started reducing the physical distancing and discontinued the temp checks the day we left for home. The tables were very spread out in LTT. I am sure once they start the show again in DH (if they do) they will bring everyone back into LTT. I am sure you can request to eat there instead of DH - I saw people doing that. We just wanted to try the food - didn't care where we sat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom