Liberty Tree characters NOT returning

drew81

Original Poster
From what I hear the characters are not returning to Liberty Tree Tavern as of right now.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Sorry let me clarify my above post.

It seems that certainly for the next few months there will be no characters. After that point I dont have any information. I didnt mean to imply that they may be returning later, as I have nothing to suggest that.

pacochran

That's to bad, hopefully they eventually bring them back, because I don't think I would go back without characters. Also if they are loosing as much money as was stated in the other thread, I think it would be bad business judgement not to bring them back.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That's to bad, hopefully they eventually bring them back, because I don't think I would go back without characters. Also if they are loosing as much money as was stated in the other thread, I think it would be bad business judgement not to bring them back.
If they do not return in the near future I think it is safe to assume that the numbers in the JH article are either incorrect or related to something other than the characters being removed. As you stated, if Disney is loosing $200k or more a month due to the removal of characters I think they would have been back as soon as Disney could put CM's in the costumes.

LandBoatride

The Jim Hill figures are based on January and early February 8:00pm closes versus more 9:00pm closes a year ago. (Magic Kingdom hours shorter this year).

Business has been incredibly strong the last few weeks, and some numbers are now higher than a year ago because many dine quicker (not extending their meal to over an hour to allow all 5 characters ample time to make it to their table). Wait times for a table are also decreased with this quicker table turnover.

Unlike over at Garden Grill, LTT simply does not have many table service restaurants to compete against in its park (whereas Epcot has over a dozen). Dining plan folks have to eat somewhere, and for now that is keeping the place going.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The Jim Hill figures are based on January and early February 8:00pm closes versus more 9:00pm closes a year ago. (Magic Kingdom hours shorter this year).

Business has been incredibly strong the last few weeks, and some numbers are now higher than a year ago because many dine quicker (not extending their meal to over an hour to allow all 5 characters ample time to make it to their table). Wait times for a table are also decreased with this quicker table turnover.

Unlike over at Garden Grill, LTT simply does not have many table service restaurants to compete against in its park (whereas Epcot has over a dozen). Dining plan folks have to eat somewhere, and for now that is keeping the place going.
I had a sneaking suspicion that we were not getting an apples to apples comparison in that article.

RiversideBunny

....some numbers are now higher than a year ago because many dine quicker (not extending their meal to over an hour to allow all 5 characters ample time to make it to their table).....

I think that's why they took away the characters.
It was supposed to increase the table turn over rate so that they can get more customers per hour. The guests occupy the tables a shorter amount of time if they aren't waiting for characters.

The problem, though, at least for me is that the price is the same and it's just Stouffer's food that can be bought at a local grocery store. Without the characters there is no extra feature.

:)

sweetpee_1993

I think that's why they took away the characters.
It was supposed to increase the table turn over rate so that they can get more customers per hour. The guests occupy the tables a shorter amount of time if they aren't waiting for characters.

The problem, though, at least for me is that the price is the same and it's just Stouffer's food that can be bought at a local grocery store. Without the characters there is no extra feature.

:)

Bingo! Without the characters I won't eat there and I have a friend who is a server there.

Ausdaddy

Not lowering the price when they removed the characters was a pretty weak move, but they can fill that place with infrequent visitors who don't know any better or don't care. I don't like it, but I think it's working for them.

swimmom

I was really hoping that the characters were coming back. I'm going to look at now as it will be a quicker table service meal in the MK with decent food without having to leave the MK. More time to play in the MK:D

drew81

Original Poster
Sorry let me clarify my above post.

It seems that certainly for the next few months there will be no characters. After that point I dont have any information. I didnt mean to imply that they may be returning later, as I have nothing to suggest that.

And really no one else would know this either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom