Liberty Tavern

tigsmom

The Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK?

We love the food there, especially the dinner. Heaping platters of hot food, all you care to eat...kind of like Thanksgiving every night. :slurp:

We liked the flank steak so much that I make it at home.

DisneyBound

The kids and I loved LTT. We have eaten there several times...old style feel with characters, good food and all you can eat. When we went last october, the entire staff at the restaurant was dressed up, including characters.

GoofyMom2

We ate at LTT in April.

The character interaction was fantastic. Each came over at least twice and spent quite a bit of time with us.

Funny story: My DS age 6 ended up falling asleep at the table and slept through the entire meal. When the characters came over, they really made a fuss over him stretched out on 2 chairs. Pluto tried to lick him awake, Goofy slightly tapped him then posed for a picture with him, and Chip even signed his book "you were asleep, Chip". LOL :lol:

They also spent a lot of time with my awake DS...encouraging him to stand and pose for pictures.

The food was excellent....loved the steak and ham especially. We plan on going there again next April and bring the Grandparents.

One bad note: our serverice was very spotty....our waiter disapeared after bringing the food, so refills were hard to get. But, hopefully that was our server having a bad day. Like I said, we will def. eat here again!

Ciciwoowoo

I heard so many good stories about this place and we went there a few weeks ago.

I'm sorry it didn't live up to the hype. I've got to say, I'm a huge garlic fan, but there was heavy garlic in everything, including the stuffing!:hurl:

(Makes me ill just to think about it now)

Now, the mac and cheese was to die for. But I believe its Stouffers, so it can be recreated in the comfort of your own home.

(Also, our waitress there was pretty awful, so that probably affected our view of it too)

I've heard really nice things about the Crystal Palace and I think I'm going to try that next time.

seabee1

We will be trying the LTT for the first time this December with our MVMCP tickets. We have eaten at the Crystal Palace and loved it. Although there isn't much in the world we don't love. The characters were great, and the food too. Plus there was a nice view of the castle.

Richie248

This is a favorite amongst my family, the food is simple comfort food, and it appeals to most every palate. I personally enjoy it there, however sometimes I find the food to be a bit heavy on my stomach, especially in the summer months. None the less I don't have any complaints, aside from the mediocore service (as noted above).

Chickapin Chick

We absolutely loved Liberty Tree Tavern. Our favorite part was the Sally Lunn Bread. It came with the most delicious apple butter. In fact, we gushed about it so much to the waitress that she gave us an official Disney Sally Lunn Bread recipe. Mine came out more like woodblocks, though. I practically broke a tooth on it. Granted, this was several years ago, and I know menus change. Does any one know if they are still serving this delicious bread? I really want to make up for the disaster in my kitchen on my next trip to the world.

dxwwf3

I don't know about dinner, but its dynamite at lunch. Just make sure to ask for bread if they do not give it to you automatically. They still have their FANTASTIC bread and honey butter, but you have to ask for it.

From looking at the dinner menu, I would highly reccomend it just because I know how great the quality is at lunch. Easily the best place to eat at the Magic Kingdom, IMO.

coltow

This is my husbands favorite. We've been there a handful of times and never had a bad meal. I remember though bringing my sister there and all she wanted was Goofy's autograph and for some reason he kept skipping our table. We told the hostess and Goofy came right over.

mattfz

My wife and I have eaten there twice. Great, all-American comfort food-- Thanksgiving every evening. Service was good, all the characters visited, and the atmosphere is decent!

-Flank Steak
-Turkey
-Ham
-Mac and Cheese
-Green beans
-Apple cobbler
-Salad
-Rolls

all you can eat! if 2 people eat, you get the same amount of food a table of 4 would get.

tigsmom

Shide said:
Do they have seating for 2 there? Or would my wife and I be seated with a large family?

You would get your own table. There are a few rooms and different sized tables. I saw a gentleman eating alone the last time we were there.

mattfz

Shide said:
Do they have seating for 2 there? Or would my wife and I be seated with a large family?

Certainly. My wife and I actually got the same table two years in a row, and saw quite a few people dining in pairs.

And like I said, they bring you the same amount of food for 2 people as a table of four!

If you like good ol' American food, this is the place.

Frosty466

seabee1 said:
We will be trying the LTT for the first time this December with our MVMCP tickets. We have eaten at the Crystal Palace and loved it. Although there isn't much in the world we don't love. The characters were great, and the food too. Plus there was a nice view of the castle.

We were at WDW in the second week of Dec '05 and ate at the Liberty Tree Tavern. Wonderful experence. We had the family "holiday" dinner which was a hugh platter of turkey, ham and roast beef layed against a large serving of stuffing. Nice presentation and delecious. The only complaint I had was that the turkey was a bit dry. The waitress was fast, attentive , and interacted with the kids getting them to eat more than usual. We were able to get some great pictures with the characters (Chip & Dale, Minnie).
We are going back in the second week of Dec '06 and will most certainly dine at the Liberty Tree Tavern again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom