Liberty Square

smotw

Original Poster
That Liberty Square is great, I guess none can disagree. It is the place at MK that I feel the magic of imagineers in each corner and in every detail. But for a long time it seems to have been forgoten by the park, as other areas of MK have gained new atractions and LS is the same since MK opened. What would you guys do to make Liberty Square into a great point of atraction in MK?
Sorry for my english...but I am Brazilian and I am still learnig english. I hoipe you guys could understand what I've asked.

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
I think perhaps that they should find a way to somehow make a Spaceship Earth-type ride in Liberty Square that deals with the Revolutionary War. Maybe something where the people ride through battlefields or something and hear cannons blasting while a narrator discusses major turning points in the war and eventually what the outcome meant for the country today. I would find it interesting.

dizpins14

unfortunatly there is no room for such a ride unless the whole section was remodled. Which won't happen for a long time, most likly Disney America would be built before then.

General Grizz

Hee hee...lets hope CoP is still around...with the last scene being the way it is now!!! Boy...NowInc will tsk from up (or down :fork:) - hey, after all, he IS the Devil!

Liberty Square...maybe a Sleepy Hollow coaster!!! :p lol

Rooster

Originally posted by smotw
That Liberty Square is great, I guess none can disagree. It is the place at MK that I feel the magic of imagineers in each corner and in every detail. But for a long time it seems to have been forgoten by the park, as other areas of MK have gained new atractions and LS is the same since MK opened. What would you guys do to make Liberty Square into a great point of atraction in MK?
Sorry for my english...but I am Brazilian and I am still learnig english. I hoipe you guys could understand what I've asked.

I agree it could do with an update. I like the Seepy Hollow coaster Idea Grizzlyhall suggested.:)

As for your English, Your doing great:lookaroun :D

ToTBellHop

I like anything with the Sleepy Hollow theme...not sure a coaster fits in...and any other attraction--it's tough to base it on the Legend of Sleepy Hollow and not have it too scary for little kids. While I would enjoy it, I'm not sure MK is the place...I would, however, like to see Liberty Square rethemed to be Sleepy Hollow...with perhaps a Fantasyland-style attraction based on The Adventures of Icabod (not including Mr. Toad...), as well-done as Pooh's Hunny Hunt.
Kyle

PuttPutter

Get rid of Liberty Square??? It's one of Walt's ideas, a tribute to his patriotism, and one place where that is celebrated.

Being an unashamed flag-waver long before 9/11, I would love to see Disney's America. The possibilities for the kind of historic rides described above are endless.

ToTBellHop

I don't really think we will ever see Disney's America. It would have to be at one of the existing parks as no where else seems to work. I'm not sure a history park would work. It has that mature theme like say Epcot, which disney knows does not quite work--the reason they are changing pretty much every attraction in Future World to be more kid or teen friendly. Before September 11th, the Hall of Presidents wasn't *too* popular, and I'm not sure how long the sense of patriotism will last. People in my school are already back to moaning when we get to stand up and recite the Pledge in the morning...and I don't see as many American flags out any more. Just a thought...

smotw

Original Poster
Uou! A lot of great ideas. I loved the one about Sleepy Hollow...That would be perfect to that area. Liberty square could be a "spoky square" on MK. However I don't think it should be a coaster. Maybe it could be a ride similar to HM. I would love to see this ride telling us more about the history of america, that would be great to. I just don't think revolutuonary war would be a good theam...anyway I don't think war would feat anywhere on MK, even been an important passage of america's history. I think it could have a New Orleans square near Splash Mountain. I don't think Splash Mountain is well located on Frontierland. The song of the south does not mach well with western, well at least on my opinion...::)

JEDI1138

Originally posted by wdwmaniac
i think SilentRascal your idea is good but I would like to see a trip through US history form 1776- 20002 and beyond.

HELLO! Anybody been to EPCOT lately? They have a show over there called The American Adventure. It's all about US History, it even has the largest rear projection movie screen and Audio Animatronics to tell the story. Its only been there since October 1, 1982. I'M being sarcastic of course of course.

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Even still, Liberty Square could use some beefing up. I mean there are only 2 real main attractions in it, Haunted Mansion and Hall of Presidents. It needs more.

Luau Cove

I like Liberty Square the way it is: A complement to Frontierland. After all, they are always mapped together, which is correct since it is too small to be compared with the the other lands.
However, I'd love to see something else in LB, something adjacent to Haunted Mansion, a water-based ride, maybe.
-->LUAU

smotw

Original Poster
Why not?

Why not giving Liberty Square the status of a land and build more rides in it? I am sure LB would be a great land. Frontierland is great the way it is , for a long time it doesn't need any other complement. LS need and should be indepent from any other section of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom