News Liberty Square Riverboat and Tom Sawyer Island closing for lengthy refurbishment

techgeek

I've seen pictures of her transiting the waterbridge and I think there were guide boats but I can't find them now.

Found this from an old thread... which is not the pic I’m remembering (I could swear there’s one out there with the contemporary in the background, but I can’t find it either...), but it’s close:

Saw this today on twitter. Did i miss a refit/refurb announcement? http://t.co/Luz5a7ZoRT @s8film40: @Exprcoofto I found a photo, http://t.co/Luz5a7Zo

JoeCamel

Found this from an old thread... which is not the pic I’m remembering (I could swear there’s one out there with the contemporary in the background, but I can’t find it either...), but it’s close:
I've seen that one but I do know the one you are thinking of so it is out there somewhere.

TrainsOfDisney

whoa whoa whoa lets not get carried away here and overestimate speedway.... 😂
The speedway also detracts from the theme of Tomorrowland while the island and river add to the theme of Frontierland and liberty square. Even if you don’t experience the attractions they add lots of kinetic energy to the area. Steamboat, rafts, windmill, waterwheel, kids crossing the swing and barrel bridges... this all adds to the area.

MickeyMouse10

ryguy

The major problem with TSI is the boat, it's a pain. Would be cool if there was a secret tunnel to get you over there. Then I would visit all the time.

Captain Barbossa

Photo update today from DFB

4D7302D1-618C-4D74-A26A-3F2A4D2C1099.jpeg

New track being installed

Bocabear

I say fill it in and make something that doesn't suck.

Tiana's ride and restaurant
a Haunted Mansion restaurant
Western River Expedition

etc, etc, etc
The ideas are not bad, but they could probably do those things without having to lose Tom Sawyer's Island...Look what they were able to do in Disneyland with Star Wars land.

macefamily

I have to admit that I've been to Disney over 30 times; Magic Kingdom probably 20-25 times. I have never taken the Riverboat to Tom Sawyer island. I just never got it.

Bocabear

The river boat doesn't go to Tom Sawyer's Island... The Rafts do...
What is there to "get"? That area of the park represented a period in American history... Much like Liberty Square and Main Street. It is charming, the active riverfront adds lively kinetics and the boat rides are very sweet and nostalgic. There are many Theme Parks out there that started out like the Magic Kingdom and ended up being Six Flags...If you don't "get it" then perhaps an "Amusement Park" is more your style... No judgement... but there are many things that are meant to appeal to many people...not just one person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom