Liberty Inn Closed for Refurb

dkrfla

Original Poster
I haven't heard this mentioned anywhere but I was at Epcot today and the Liberty Inn restaraunt at the American pavillion was closed and it had a sign out front that said " Here Ye Here Ye, The Liberty Inn is being refurbished for your future enjoyment. I don't know how long it will be closed but there are walls up around the outside of the front of the building. Full trip report in my blog coming soon!

dkrfla

Original Poster
It's your typical Disney counter service hot dog and hamburger restaraunt. They do have pretty good hot dogs though which is what I was going to have for lunch. Instead we ate at Cantina San De Angel in Mexico.

shoppingnut

bgraham34 said:
i have not eaten there since the 80's, is the food any good?

Same ole, same ole counter service stuff. It's a real shame that is the only pavillion without a good sit own restaurant.

hcswingfield

They should offer some real Americana food - fried chicken, gumbo, chili, barbecue, crab cakes, Philly cheese steaks, corn on the cob, red beans and rice, etc.

kaos

shoppingnut said:
Same ole, same ole counter service stuff. It's a real shame that is the only pavillion without a good sit own restaurant.

Part of the refurb is supposed to be a sit-down...

River Roost

Refurb pics

I was at Epcot this last Sunday May 14. I saw the walls up around some of the exterior posts they have been working on. Looks like all minor work being done right now. If it's going to reopen May 21st as Steve posted, it doesn't look like anything major will be done.

Sign posted outside Liberty Inn letting guests know about the refurb.

DSCN0021.JPG

Walls around exterior posts being worked on.

DSCN0020.JPG

Wide angle shot of interior from front window. Notice the post to the left. It's exterior has been removed down to the structural metal post. Also, it appears they have removed the flooring down to the concrete slab. I don't recall what it was previously. I'm sure it wasn't carpet. Maybe it was tile. Perhaps someone out there remembers what it was or has a photo.

Epcot_Liberty_Inn_Refurb.JPG

Looks like the same tables and chairs they were sporting before.
By the way, it's not really that dark at the rear of this room. The door ways leading to the food service area are draped in a black fabric mesh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom