Liberty Belle Riverboat

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
she was towed from dry dock back to the Rivers of America today
562605_949863599305_73408709_40348460_853185768_n.jpg

edit: my photo and the one linked by OP were taken in the water bridge

packwingfn

What makes it interesting is that it has to be towed by the much smaller boats as you can see in that photo since there is no track on the 7 seas lagoon. I bet it took a while for it to be towed and I wonder if they delayed the Ferry boats departures during this time.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Just out of curiosity, what is the depth of the water at the water bridge? Does anybody here know?

peter11435

What makes it interesting is that it has to be towed by the much smaller boats as you can see in that photo since there is no track on the 7 seas lagoon. I bet it took a while for it to be towed and I wonder if they delayed the Ferry boats departures during this time.

All Magic Kingdom monorails and watercraft operations were suspended while the Liberty Belle was being moved.

peter11435

why?that seems drastic and uncalled for... or was it just suspended while the riverboat was on the water bridge?

The monorail must be closed and powered down due to the height of the boat. The boat passes under the beam twice and comes too close to the beam and bus bar for them to remain energized. If you notice the boats smoke stack had to be removed for clearance.

Safety first.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The monorail must be closed and powered down due to the height of the boat. The boat passes under the beam twice and comes too close to the beam and bus bar for them to remain energized. If you notice the boats smoke stack had to be removed for clearance.

Safety first.

OK...I'll buy that....but what about all water traffic being suspended for the trip?

peter11435

Well obviously you could not use the water bridge while the Belle was slowly crossing. Two of the large resort watercraft are used to tow the boat, and it's a very large 3 story boat with no power and no ability to steer itself. If something were to go wrong you don't want to have guests out there. Again safety first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom