Lgbt themed disney movie ideas

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Maybe a third Frozen film will show Elsa is a lesbian as she was falling in love with a princess or a woman as she found during her adventures with Anna and Olaf.

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
Maybe a third Frozen film will show Elsa is a lesbian as she was falling in love with a princess or a woman as she found during her adventures with Anna and Olaf.
Yes also can we get a trans Disney princess? Also with the recent casting I have a slight hope that Jess character will be for the untilted 2023 Pixar movie, but it will probably be a short like out

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I feel like we're more likely to get an lgbtq side character rather than a princess in the next few years. They seemed to play around with it a couple years ago with Gaston and LeFou, and it didn't seem to cause too much of a ripple in their fan base. I'd like to see more inclusive characters and I do believe they're working on it, but they miss a lot of obvious opportunities. Like the descendents trilogy is specifically about figuring out who you are amidst the weight of your parents expectations. I feel like it's an obvious place for a non-hetero storyline.

Also want to add that the relationship and emotional bonding between Jay and Gil in Descendents 3 was refreshing.

Ghost93

As much as I would love for Disney to give Elsa a girlfriend in Frozen III, it will NEVER happen because Frozen is Disney's most profitable animated franchise, and Disney wants those homophobic dollars. I think Disney is more likely to make a less profitable princess gay. Some have speculated Merida from Brave to be a lesbian. While I don't think there is anything in Brave that strongly indicated that Merida was a lesbian, there wasn't really anything that indicated she is not a lesbian or bisexual, so I could see Merida getting a girlfriend in a sequel.

Personally, I think Raya and Namari from "Raya and the Last Dragon" could totally be a lesbian couple in a Raya sequel or (more likely) a Disney Plus spinoff show. They had somewhat flirty banter in the film (despite being rivals) and voice actress Kelly Marie Tran said before the film even came out that she would like Raya and Namari to be a couple. Since Raya wasn't a huge box office success, Disney might be more willing to take risks with Raya's character as they don't have as big of a fanbase to lose. If anything, making Raya Disney's first lesbian princess might actually increase exposure to her film as it would pique the interest of the gay community.

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
As much as I would love for Disney to give Elsa a girlfriend in Frozen III, it will NEVER happen because Frozen is Disney's most profitable animated franchise, and Disney wants those homophobic dollars. I think Disney is more likely to make a less profitable princess gay. Some have speculated Merida from Brave to be a lesbian. While I don't think there is anything in Brave that strongly indicated that Merida was a lesbian, there wasn't really anything that indicated she is not a lesbian or bisexual, so I could see Merida getting a girlfriend in a sequel.

Personally, I think Raya and Namari from "Raya and the Last Dragon" could totally be a lesbian couple in a Raya sequel or (more likely) a Disney Plus spinoff show. They had somewhat flirty banter in the film (despite being rivals) and voice actress Kelly Marie Tran said before the film even came out that she would like Raya and Namari to be a couple. Since Raya wasn't a huge box office success, Disney might be more willing to take risks with Raya's character as they don't have as big of a fanbase to lose. If anything, making Raya Disney's first lesbian princess might actually increase exposure to her film as it would pique the interest of the gay community.
Lumity is better

Miru

Raya 2 I could see having a love triangle between Raya, Sisu, and Namaari. I prefer her with Sisu, given how vicious Namaari could get.

ArmoredRodent

Um, Vanellope von Schweetz from Ralph Breaks the Internet? I mean, who hasn't thought about that Princesses scene? When asked what she really wants, she doesn't say a Prince. She says a steering wheel, and means it. Of course, she also says that people DO expect her to be saved by a big, strong male, but then, it's, ya'know, Ralph. And she means it, though not really in a romantic way. So it fits the OP's "twist, at the end the princess doesn’t want to be with the prince or something" even if they don't say anything more during the scene itself.

EmFromPlanetEarth

Original Poster
Um, Vanellope von Schweetz from Ralph Breaks the Internet? I mean, who hasn't thought about that Princesses scene? When asked what she really wants, she doesn't say a Prince. She says a steering wheel, and means it. Of course, she also says that people DO expect her to be saved by a big, strong male, but then, it's, ya'know, Ralph. And she means it, though not really in a romantic way. So it fits the OP's "twist, at the end the princess doesn’t want to be with the prince or something" even if they don't say anything more during the scene itself.
Maybe she’s ace?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom