Let's yell and scream at each other about the Frontierland Shooting Exposition

TROR

Original Poster
How long does it have left? I hope it never goes away, but with Pirates of the Caribbean closing over at WDW this week to remove a scene for "fat shaming" and a loud minority in the US hating on guns, it seems more and more likely it'll happen. Of course there's no logical reason to remove a harmless, thematically appropriate arcade game where you shoot at tombstones, but I really don't think it'll be long before they expand Westward Ho Trading Co. into that area. I think it'll be gone before Star Wars land opens.

mousehockey37

If they changed everything for every little problem an offended person had, the parks would've been closed down years ago.

As long as people will dump boat loads of change into those games, I don't think Disney will do anything with it.

George Lucas on a Bench

FB_IMG_1519605283741.jpg

It's charming as all heck.

mousehockey37

That is certainly not how you hold a rifle. Unless your goal is to injure both your target and yourself.

:bored:

Let the Darwinism flow free....

For the record, if this is how you feel about this, then you need to just tell Disney to board it up and doze it.

Shigg. W. McGee

but with Pirates of the Caribbean closing over at WDW this week to remove a scene for "fat shaming"
That's not why that scene is being removed. It's being removed because the entire scene playfully winks at the concept of human trafficking. I think the real problem with Pirates is the way the queue backs up onto the bridge. ;)

Shigg. W. McGee

As for the Exposition, is anyone denying the role rifles had in the development in the Old West? It's been there the whole time. For what it's worth, I think it's just a fun little relic. It can be easily overlooked.

TROR

Original Poster
That's not why that scene is being removed. It's being removed because the entire scene playfully winks at the concept of human trafficking. I think the real problem with Pirates is the way the queue backs up onto the bridge. ;)
Nah. According to former Disney cast member and YouTube star, Jenny Nicholson, they never received any complaints about the selling bride aspect but they received a ton about the fat jokes. Same thing happened with Country Bear Jamboree a few years back where they shorted the show to remove fat jokes. This topic has been beaten to death tho and I'm sure there's a thread already to discuss it. Just wanted to bring it up to show it's possible they could remove this one attraction.

Shigg. W. McGee

Nah. According to former Disney cast member and YouTube star, Jenny Nicholson, they never received any complaints about the selling bride aspect but they received a ton about the fat jokes. Same thing happened with Country Bear Jamboree a few years back where they shorted the show to remove fat jokes. This topic has been beaten to death tho and I'm sure there's a thread already to discuss it. Just wanted to bring it up to show it's possible they could remove this one attraction.
Yeah, it has been done to death. I just don't buy that it has to do with fat jokes. Really?
I can see them removing the shooting gallery, but not because of any controversy. Then again, Disney has stopped selling toy guns, and they did remove the rifles from the entrance barricade...

mousehockey37

Yeah, it has been done to death. I just don't buy that it has to do with fat jokes. Really?
I can see them removing the shooting gallery, but not because of any controversy. Then again, Disney has stopped selling toy guns, and they did remove the rifles from the entrance barricade...

I thought a large reason the toy guns and swords were stopped was because TSA was taking them when guests were trying to fly home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom