Pre-Trip Let us show you the world... September 2022

Alright. I’m doing it. I wasn’t sure I would, but the excitement is getting too real!

If you are a long-time reader of the forums - you may remember me and my now HUSBAND, Billy, from past TR’s I have written/started and never finished ;) We got married! Last September to be exact. This trip is to celebrate! With some close friends and family coming along. It’s been 5 loooong years since our last trip (Thanks COVID) and our additions are first timers, we are so ready!

Who:

Ciara - The planner and big WDW fan

Billy- Loyal husband, best friend and always in for a good time

Us
243357561_639420367040622_6599023225453698427_n.jpg

You might remember us more like this
2.jpg

We were younger then haha

Jeremy, Billy's brother and best friend- First timer to any Disney park and ready for anything

Kayla, Family friend - First timer to a Disney park and also ready for anything

Taylor, My best gal pal - Huge star wars fan and first time in WDW

What:

A trip to WDW for The 50th celebration + our 1 year anniversary

When:

September 17th-24th 2022

Where:

2 Rooms at POP Century

Why:

Is that reaallly a question?!

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
We used to book the free dining plan deals but those are no more. I don't really mind, It means less reservations and more freedom IMO. We only have 3 reservations for our week long trip. May add more later.

Sept 17 - First day! We wont be able to rope drop due to our flights. Thinking about buying genie+?
Hollywood Studios
&
Magic Kingdom

Sept 18- B + C anniversary - The rest of the group has different plans. Hoping to get on guardians this day!
Epcot
Dinner at Tutto Italia Ristorante

Sept 19-
Hollywood Studios
Reservation at Oga's Cantina
&
Animal Kingdom

Sept 20-
Magic Kingdom
&
Epcot

Sept 21-
Typhoon Lagoon
&
Disney Springs

Sept 22-
Universal Studios

Sept 23-
Animal Kingdom
&
Hollywood Studios
Dinner at 50's prime time

Sept 24- Departure day.
Maybe mini golf and/or Brunch?

Last edited:

Tom 55

I also have 2 rooms at POP Sept. 19-26. My park reservations are
Sept 19 MK
Sept 20 MK plus MNSSHP that night.
Sept 21 HS
Sept 22 EPCOT
Sept 23 AK
Sept 24 MK
Sept 25 HS

Ciara

Original Poster
I also have 2 rooms at POP Sept. 19-26. My park reservations are
Sept 19 MK
Sept 20 MK plus MNSSHP that night.
Sept 21 HS
Sept 22 EPCOT
Sept 23 AK
Sept 24 MK
Sept 25 HS
Wow! We have a lot of overlapping plans. If you see us - say hi :) We thought about attending MNSSHP but before we decided, it sold out for 9/20.

Ciara

Original Poster
In 48 hours we'll be on a plane - on our way home :inlove:

We're all flying in on a red eye. Billy, Taylor and I are arriving in Orlando about 6am. Jeremy and Kayla are arriving about 10:30am. We decided the easiest way to the hotel was the mear's connect. And Uber's have gotten so pricey! I figure the 3 of us will arrive to POP maybe 7:30-8am? I have very low expectations of getting into our room early as we requested connecting OR to be near the rest of our party. We shall see, we have been lucky in the past.

Kayla is active military and we were able to get salute tickets through her. It is my understanding the tickets will not be activated and grant park access until she shows her military ID at the ticket booth. If anyone has used these and knows for sure, please confirm :bookworm: also can you purchase genie+ and make selections before your ticket has been "activated"? We have park reservations already, of course.

If we cant get into our room, I'm not quite sure what the 3 of us will do until Jeremy and Kayla arrive. Maybe pool? Maybe go to the boardwalk for breakfast?

I'm thinking the group will finally make it to the Hollywood Studios by 2pm and Magic Kingdom is open until 11pm. So that's about 9 hours of park time if we can make it that long :hilarious: Suppose that will depend on if we sleep on the plane or get into our room early. I want to purchase genie+ if I can start "stacking" LL reservations at 7am. If not, probably not worth. I just want to try it out more than anything.

We are getting very very excited!

fractal

Have a great trip! If you can't get into the parks until mid-afternoon I'm not sure Genie+ would be worth it. Depending on what park, you may want to instead buy a Individual Lightning Lane but you have to time it to make sure you'll be in the park.

Ciara

Original Poster
Have a great trip! If you can't get into the parks until mid-afternoon I'm not sure Genie+ would be worth it. Depending on what park, you may want to instead buy a Individual Lightning Lane but you have to time it to make sure you'll be in the park.
Thank you :) I didn’t think about using ILL that day, that’s a good idea! I just want to ensure our 1st timers get on a couple headliners their first day

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
In 48 hours we'll be on a plane - on our way home :inlove:

We're all flying in on a red eye. Billy, Taylor and I are arriving in Orlando about 6am. Jeremy and Kayla are arriving about 10:30am. We decided the easiest way to the hotel was the mear's connect. And Uber's have gotten so pricey! I figure the 3 of us will arrive to POP maybe 7:30-8am? I have very low expectations of getting into our room early as we requested connecting OR to be near the rest of our party. We shall see, we have been lucky in the past.

Kayla is active military and we were able to get salute tickets through her. It is my understanding the tickets will not be activated and grant park access until she shows her military ID at the ticket booth. If anyone has used these and knows for sure, please confirm :bookworm: also can you purchase genie+ and make selections before your ticket has been "activated"? We have park reservations already, of course.

If we cant get into our room, I'm not quite sure what the 3 of us will do until Jeremy and Kayla arrive. Maybe pool? Maybe go to the boardwalk for breakfast?

I'm thinking the group will finally make it to the Hollywood Studios by 2pm and Magic Kingdom is open until 11pm. So that's about 9 hours of park time if we can make it that long :hilarious: Suppose that will depend on if we sleep on the plane or get into our room early. I want to purchase genie+ if I can start "stacking" LL reservations at 7am. If not, probably not worth. I just want to try it out more than anything.

We are getting very very excited!
The tickets are not activated but if you link them to your MDE account you can use genie+ or lightning lanes. They need to be activated at a park or DS. All of the ticket holders need to be present when activation is done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom