Lesser Known Treasures of Disney Dining

Sweet Melissa

Boatwright's POR was a nice surprise when we stayed there last year.
Really? Wow.
It was a pleasant surprise for us too. We added it on to our 2011 trip when a freak storm back home stranded us at WDW for an extra two days. It was a standout for us that visit, and that was on a trip that also included dinners at Citricos and Il Mulino. We made it a point to return in 2012, and the follow-up visit didn't disappoint either. I think it was more that it far exceeded our expectations than that it was truly mind-blowing, but either way, it's a solid choice.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It was a pleasant surprise for us too. We added it on to our 2011 trip when a freak storm back home stranded us at WDW for an extra two days. It was a standout for us that visit, and that was on a trip that also included dinners at Citricos and Il Mulino. We made it a point to return in 2012, and the follow-up visit didn't disappoint either. I think it was more that it far exceeded our expectations than that it was truly mind-blowing, but either way, it's a solid choice.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
OK, that I understand. After eating at Boat for years, our go to resort that we Grand Opened so many many years and one way or the other we wind up there by default. Service has always been hit or miss and more miss than hit. The food has always been perfectly fine, but nothing more. Maybe after all the luke warm reviews it is getting better? A couple years ago they even dumped breakfast and they only opened for dinner.

The Star of the resort was the Table Service, Bonfamilies in the French Quarter, over the top wonderful, that they turned into a test kitchen. Go figure.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
The Star of the resort was the Table Service, Bonfamilies in the French Quarter, over the top wonderful, that they turned into a test kitchen. Go figure.
As i was reading the exchange about boatwrights i was trying to recall the name of the PO restaraunt where my wife ( then girlfriend) and i had a top 10 disney meal many many years ago. Bonfamilies! Great stuff!

jdnetone

No debate: I can only report on the meal we had in 2012. I wouldn't call it over the top but meal was great and we had no problems with the server. :)

crispy

I also agree that Kona café and the Grand Floridian Café offer some great food. The shrimp and grits at GFC are so good!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I would also go with Olivia's, Turf Club, and the Grand Floridian Cafe. We have had really good meals at all of them multiple times.

nolatron

Another vote for Kona. I like Captain Cook's at the Poly too. They have a self-serve dole whip! The Adult Grilled Cheese was good.

Columbia Harbor House has become a favorite of mine for a quick service.

I've been wanting to try a waffle sandwich at Sleepy Hollow too.

Joshua&CalebDad

Wow, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Trail's End Restaurants at the Campgrounds. This place is a gem if you get tired of the restaurant food and want something that looks closer to home style. We love this place.

longsaber

The Kakigōri at the Japan Pavilion in World Showcase is awesome. Nobody ever seems to be in line even on hot summer days. Recommended: melon topped with sweet condensed milk.

Weather_Lady

Tamu Tamu (a counter service spot in Animal Kingdom's Africa) provided one of the nicest meals we had during our last trip: spicy pulled beef on a soft, warm pita with cold cucumber-mint dressing, fresh fruit salad, and rich super-thick milkshakes. We're making it a "must-do" hereafter.

VoiceGuy07

Kona is excellent and much easier to "walk up" if you don't have reservations - we have never had to wait too long to get seated. The wife votes for Beaches and Cream...I would suggest sitting at the "bar" because interacting with the servers and watching the sausage making process (especially the Kitchen Sink!) is a brilliant experience!

DaGoof00

Kona for sure & the Wave.... As much as I am a GF lover, I find the GF Cafe to be quite noisy and lacking in atmosphere because of the noise....

danpam1024

Kouzzina for sure! Best restaurant on property.
And like I have said in previous posts- Splitsville- yes a bowling alley, but with amazing food and cocktails!

lunchbox1175

I agree with Olivia's and Boatwright's, my experiences there were better than a lot of the higher end restaurants at the world. It may have been because it was later at night an I was starving, but we got fantastic service (which is not the norm late night in a restaurant) and the food and deserts were fantastic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom