les halles boulangerie-patisserie food poisoning?

Disneyvet12

Original Poster
I recently just ate at the Les halles boulangerie-patisserie cafe in Epcot. My family and I ate at around 3:30 pm. However, at around 11:30 pm at night, I became violently ill. Nausea, diarrhea, chills, indigestion, burping up sulfur taste, stomach cramps etc. I had ordered the ham sandwich with the fruit parfait dessert. Has anyone else had a similar bout of illness with this establishment? Currently bedridden and very ill.

Touchdown

Unfortunately in this time, this can also be an early presentation of Covid. Given that, I suggest you find a doctor, who can further work you up. You should absolutely get tested for that ASAP, and your family and you need to quarantine.

It might be just be food poisoning, but Covid can and does present in some with GI symptoms. Go see a doctor.

peter11435

I recently just ate at the Les halles boulangerie-patisserie cafe in Epcot. My family and I ate at around 3:30 pm. However, at around 11:30 pm at night, I became violently ill. Nausea, diarrhea, chills, indigestion, burping up sulfur taste, stomach cramps etc. I had ordered the ham sandwich with the fruit parfait dessert. Has anyone else had a similar bout of illness with this establishment? Currently bedridden and very ill.
While it certainly could be food poising it’s honestly the least likely possibility. More than likely it’s unrelated to what you ate but rather you picked up a GI virus or potentially even Covid.

Lilofan

While it certainly could be food poising it’s honestly the least likely possibility. More than likely it’s unrelated to what you ate but rather you picked up a GI virus or potentially even Covid.
I ate a ham sandwich at an airport in Colombia. For the next 3 days I had massive diarrhea and it was very exhausting. It may be from the contaminated ham sandwich.

peter11435

I ate a ham sandwich at an airport in Colombia. For the next 3 days I had massive diarrhea and it was very exhausting. It may be from the contaminated ham sandwich.
It may have been. But there are still other more likely causes. Most cases of suspected food poisoning are not actually food poisoning.

Touchdown

So, no repeat posts from the OP. Great.

For those of you who laugh, a lot of the early spread in hospitals this spring occurred when people only presented with GI symptoms, got admitted, the GI symptoms resolved and they developed the typical respiratory symptoms 3-5 days later. Which resulted in 3-5 days of not being in proper isolation, exposing staff, and potentially other patients. This is not some sky is falling post. There’s a reason when you enter places screening for symptoms that they ask you to deny any fever, shortness of breath, cough, muscle aches, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. It’s widely known.

I wish the OP would give an update.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Look on the bright side of life...
1606672063798.png

JIMINYCR

So, no repeat posts from the OP. Great.

For those of you who laugh, a lot of the early spread in hospitals this spring occurred when people only presented with GI symptoms, got admitted, the GI symptoms resolved and they developed the typical respiratory symptoms 3-5 days later. Which resulted in 3-5 days of not being in proper isolation, exposing staff, and potentially other patients. This is not some sky is falling post. There’s a reason when you enter places screening for symptoms that they ask you to deny any fever, shortness of breath, cough, muscle aches, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. It’s widely known.

I wish the OP would give an update.
Another one of these many similar kinds of posts about Disney poisoning someone after dining at a Disney spot. Typically they post where they ate, what they ate and how ill they immediately got. Then ask who they can contact to sue or get compensation. We may hear back from this person detailing their attempt to get this resolved further. And from others reporting how difficult it is to get anything out of Disney because proving food poisoning is near impossible.

UNCgolf

Food poisoning can take days if not weeks for the symptoms to show. It's why tracking down the source can be miserably difficult.

Was just about to say this. People always assume that the last thing they ate gave them food poisoning, but even if it actually is food poisoning, it's often from something you ate several meals ago as opposed to the most recent one.

NickPytlinski

could be anything, how can the OP say it was that.
i eat sometimes and feel dodgy from it being too rich, fell rubbish/sick/fever and then wake up great.

it doesn't sound like covid though. (im not a doctor)

Disneyvet12

Original Poster
Unfortunately in this time, this can also be an early presentation of Covid. Given that, I suggest you find a doctor, who can further work you up. You should absolutely get tested for that ASAP, and your family and you need to quarantine.

It might be just be food poisoning, but Covid can and does present in some with GI symptoms. Go see a doctor.
My family and I tested negative for Covid 19 after our trip

Lilofan

I am not sure if it was altitude sickness mixed together with food eaten from street vendors but after trying to acclimate for a few days ( eating lots of coca leaves and drinking coca tea ) visiting the highest altitude city in the world , La Paz Bolivia at 13K feet above sea level where I was staying at, I joined others to to drive up to 17K above sea level on roads up a mountain , then walk up Cerro Chacaltaya 200 meters ( the toughest walk in my life ) to the peak 18,100 feet above sea level then ate street food later in the day. I was then bed ridden for two days with high fevers, chills , diarrhea. I sweated it out in my hotel room and felt better in a few days.

unmitigated disaster

I am not sure if it was altitude sickness mixed together with food eaten from street vendors but after trying to acclimate for a few days ( eating lots of coca leaves and drinking coca tea ) visiting the highest altitude city in the world , La Paz Bolivia at 13K feet above sea level where I was staying at, I joined others to to drive up to 17K above sea level on roads up a mountain , then walk up Cerro Chacaltaya 200 meters ( the toughest walk in my life ) to the peak 18,100 feet above sea level then ate street food later in the day. I was then bed ridden for two days with high fevers, chills , diarrhea. I sweated it out in my hotel room and felt better in a few days.
And it could have been from cross-contamination two weeks previously. Or Hepatitis -A.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom