Les Chefs De France

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I recently made an ADR for Les Chefs De France in September. The only reason I made it was because I had heard they have a Remy AA that they bring to your table on a cart. There is no information on the WDW website about this, is this still going on? How often do they bring him out?

DisneyJoe

When I ate dinner there in May, he came out to the middle of the room, while a waiter did a quick dance, and then he sped away again - it happened twice during our meal - I don't think he went to any specific table during our meal.

Maybe he was in "B" mode?? :shrug:

dxwwf3

He is still there. I ate there for the first time ever last week and I was absolutely blown away. For lunch they have a "pick 3" deal for $20 and a Dinner version for $37. For lunch, I got the French Onion Soup and it was one of the best soups I have ever had. I got the maccaroni and cheese that tastes very different from what you might expect. It has a thick cream sauce and is something I will now get every time I go back to WDW. And for the desert the chocolate cake is fantastic.

zurgandfriend

We were there August 2009 and Remy was still there. They took him around the restaurant to every table with children. DW asked server if he could be brought to ours and he was. Not sure if there is a schedule or if he is still there.

sweetpee_1993

I'd like to see the Remy AA but I'd still eat there if he wasn't appearing. That's one heckuva hidden gem! The food is amaaaaazing!!!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Thanks for all the responses :wave:

We'll be sure to ask to see Remy when we eat there. We love Ratatouille!! A very underrated Pixar imho.

Any suggestions on what to order?

PrincessK

I was there 6/29 and he was not on the schedule that night.

However, despite that, it is one of the best restaurants I have been to on property. Mom and I opted to go the fixed price, 3 course meal. I had the French Onion Soup, Chicken and Creme Brule. She had the salad, short ribs and chocolate cake. Oh my goodness!!! Both meals were incredible, service was outstanding, the pacing of the meal was fantastic and it was quite a pleasant surprise. We booked the meal both for Remy and because we planned on going to Owner's Locker Wine Night. Despite Remy not being there, we had an incredible experience.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I was there 6/29 and he was not on the schedule that night.

However, despite that, it is one of the best restaurants I have been to on property. Mom and I opted to go the fixed price, 3 course meal. I had the French Onion Soup, Chicken and Creme Brule. She had the salad, short ribs and chocolate cake. Oh my goodness!!! Both meals were incredible, service was outstanding, the pacing of the meal was fantastic and it was quite a pleasant surprise. We booked the meal both for Remy and because we planned on going to Owner's Locker Wine Night. Despite Remy not being there, we had an incredible experience.

Bummer about Remy having a "schedule". Oh well, we'll chance it anyway. It sounds like the food was amazing!

PrincessK

Bummer about Remy having a "schedule". Oh well, we'll chance it anyway. It sounds like the food was amazing!

Needless to say, the quote "the meat fell off the bone" was applicable here. We were amazed at how tender and delicious everything was.

We've already rebooked dinner here for our next trip. A hidden jewel, indeed.

fredtom

Les Chefs is one of our "must do" favorites. My DW and I have our traditional lunch in France every year. The onion soup is the best you'll have... and the Croc Monsieur is an amazing toasted ham & cheese sandwich. Anything we've had there is yummy... ribs, mac & cheese, quiche... and desserts.

Can't wait for this November when we'll be there.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Needless to say, the quote "the meat fell off the bone" was applicable here. We were amazed at how tender and delicious everything was.

We've already rebooked dinner here for our next trip. A hidden jewel, indeed.

I think I'm sold on the ribs :p

Les Chefs is one of our "must do" favorites. My DW and I have our traditional lunch in France every year. The onion soup is the best you'll have... and the Croc Monsieur is an amazing toasted ham & cheese sandwich. Anything we've had there is yummy... ribs, mac & cheese, quiche... and desserts.

The onion soup sounds like a must have as well!

Great food and service!! We try to eat there every trip. :sohappy:

Glad to hear it! I'm SO glad to have the opportunity to do this. I wouldn't have opted for the Basic meal plan if it weren't free! I think we're going to end up loving it and doing this every trip.

12:30, 1:40, 2:50, 5:20 Mon-Sat

Thank you so much for this! I'll change our ADR to lunch (or a very early dinner) based on this. We were scheduled for 6:10PM on Thursday. :sohappy:

Ariel484

Any suggestions on what to order?

:wave: From the Prix Fixe 3-course menu:

Salade au bleu:

DSC01013.JPG

Gratin de macaroni:

DSC01015.JPG

Creme Brulee:

DSC01017.JPG

And the chef:
ETA: Obviously not suggesting that you try to order Remy! :lol:

DSC01011.JPG

So good...I've also had the chocolate cake...delicius!

Completely agree with sweetpee that this place is a hidden gem! Hope you enjoy!

Master Gracey 5

This is one of our favorite restaurants and though I've never ordered it, my mother won't get any meal than the Gratin de macaroni - she swears it is the best you could ever have and doesn't want to miss out on it. While it would be great to see Remy, you won't be disappointed by your visit here.

belle_1022

Family & i have been for lunch only. The ham & cheese sandwich is my fave. Sis & Mom love the quiche. And for dessert THE CREAM PUFFS! I could bathe in the chocolate sauce!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom