Lengthy walkthroughs of Disneyland from the 1990s

SuddenStorm

Original Poster
During the longest closure Disneyland has seen, I imagine quite a few of us are starting to miss the place. The sites, the sounds, the ambiance of the place. Perhaps Freshbaked's best contribution to Disneyland fandom are their silent walkthroughs of Disneyland. These provide us an excellent snapshot of what Disneyland was like at that exact point of time. These, combined with high quality on ride videos will help ensure we have a fairly comprehensive look at what Disneyland is like at any point in time from now until the park closes for good.

But both Freshbaked, and the various high quality attraction filmographers are about 25 years behind the curve, since a gentleman provided a national service by thoroughly filming his annual trip on a bulky video camera from 1990-1996, even taking it on rides.

Ever wanted to watch the Disneyland Country Bear show?
Splash the year after it opened?
Fantasmic! in early 1993, when it was less than a year old? Or howbout footage of its construction, including it being advertised on the Disneyland Railroad by a conductor?
Howbout Tomorrowland pre '98? Or the Skyway?
Or just walking the park- seeing the area entertainment, the old are music, or characters roaming freely *gasp*.

Disneyland 1990 pt 1 and pt 2
1991/1992 pt 1 and pt 2
1993 pt 1 and pt 2

SuddenStorm

Original Poster
Ah yes! MrDisneyFanman’s videos are fantastic!! I always love watching them occasionally whenever I’m stressed out, or if I am truly missing Disneyland. It’s also neat to see how much Disneyland has changed since then!

Some of his ride footage- especially the Skyway and Peoplemover footage- has been reused by many Disney Vloggers over the years in their own videos on those attractions. The video quality on them is incredibly for the time period.

I think my favorite videos of his are from around 2015 when he used his trusty ole' video camcorder to record footage of the parks at those times. Seeing Diamond Celebration Disneyland on video tape quality is really something-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom