Lego Store

sbkline

Original Poster
My son is currently in love with Legos and I keep telling him that we can get some Legos at the Lego Store at DTD, or apparently Disney Springs if that is what it is officially called now. But just to make sure there are no surprises, is the Lego Store open, and expected to remain open? We are going at the end of May and would hate to find out that it is closed when we get there.

Also, if I remember correctly, I seem to remember from previous trips, that they have big containers of random legos which you can scoop up into a container and buy in bulk. How do they charge for that? Is it by weight, or is it by container? It is frustrating to try to get Legos for him because almost all I ever see available is those kits where you build a specific thing (such as a Star Wars vehicle, or a bulldozer, etc). It is very difficult to find just random, old fashioned lego sets like they had when I was a kid, where you can just use your imagination to build whatever you want. I thought maybe we could stock up on that type of thing on our upcoming trip, if I am remembering correctly that they have random lego pieces that you can buy large quantaties of.

TB4244

You're looking for the Brick Wall, its always at the back of the store normally behind the cash registers. But lego also sell boxes of bricks that aren't a specific model, they come with suggested ideas as @Jon81uk said.
That might work out better for you price-wise as buying bricks from Pick a Brick isn't the most cost effective way.

I can't see any Lego store disappearing any time soon, the company is extremely buoyant right now. Its grown in Europe over 30% in the last year alone. So fear not, I should think that the DTD store will be there for the foreseeable future.

Zippity-do-DAD

Our daughter (8yrs old) has taken a renewed interest in Legos and we took a trip to DTD a day before going in the parks. She loved the brick wall, which she selected just about every pink and purple Lego of every shape and size to stuff in her container. Oh and my wonderfully meticulous wife found that if you stack them into the container, she did get considerably more than just throwing them in. (She actually tested it both ways when we got in;) Oh, one more thing, as a special way to remember this trip, we took advantage of the engraving service, where for $5 theyll engrave a name or short message into a Lego for you. Anyway, have fun!

MissingDisney

2 bucket sizes, small and large. Priced by the size, not weight. Fill them til your hearts content but the lid must close. :) Highly recommended stacking pieces and placing full brick walls if you will, in the bucket, and then filling in the gaps with the miscellaneous pieces...lights, flowers, windshields, etc. to get the best bang for your buck. Takes some time but way worth it.

MissingDisney

image.jpg

sbkline

Original Poster
2 bucket sizes, small and large. Priced by the size, not weight. Fill them til your hearts content but the lid must close. :) Highly recommended stacking pieces and placing full brick walls if you will, in the bucket, and then filling in the gaps with the miscellaneous pieces...lights, flowers, windshields, etc. to get the best bang for your buck. Takes some time but way worth it.

How much does each size cost?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The Lego Store isn't going anywhere, but to fit in with the rest of Disney Springs it will have a dress code going forward;)

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, March 8. As the World of Disney store, many of the original Marketplace buildings have been getting an exterior paint update. The Lego store is currently changing from the original white/orange/red paint design to a darker, muted, solid blue. The west end of the building (closest to T-Rex) has construction walls around that part of the building. The red stripe at the roof line was painted in the darker muted blue in that area.

IMG_7485.JPG

IMG_7484.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom