Lego Steamboat Willie and Death Star

Randomly Randy

Original Poster
So I didn't actually create this as they are pre-designed sets but I did build them :). Finding ways to spend my quarantine time lol

Full time lapse of both sets (the death star was huge!) I find time-lapses quite satisfying. Enjoy!

flynnibus

Premium Member
The death star is a set thas aged well

im building the 1989 batmobile right now and i think its one of the best sets to build in along time

the main street station and train are reasonable good to build too.

Next time they re release the ucs xwing... jump on that. One of the best ucs ships

TJJohn12

The death star is a set thas aged well

im building the 1989 batmobile right now and i think its one of the best sets to build in along time

the main street station and train are reasonable good to build too.

Next time they re release the ucs xwing... jump on that. One of the best ucs ships

I’ve heard really good things about the build experience of the Mickey and Minnie set. I’m not a fan of the models themselves - but there seems to be some nice parts usage and innovation in the design.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I’ve heard really good things about the build experience of the Mickey and Minnie set. I’m not a fan of the models themselves - but there seems to be some nice parts usage and innovation in the design.

The trains were nice builds. The main street station itself is interesting without being too repetitive. Problem is it's basically a 'play set' and I've learned as a AFOL I don't like playsets/buildings after building them... while models like cars/planes/ships I like much more. Which is why I didn't bother with the Disney castle, etc. The Train station I bought when buying black friday deals last fall and just splurged.

For Disney figs I got the series 2 set complete... which scratches any itch I have for favorites. My main interest is the UCS star wars line and the creator cars.. The aston martin 10262 is a very nice build. I've been dabbling with the 3rd party lighting kits too.. which are an interesting twist (when done well)

TJJohn12

The trains were nice builds. The main street station itself is interesting without being too repetitive. Problem is it's basically a 'play set' and I've learned as a AFOL I don't like playsets/buildings after building them... while models like cars/planes/ships I like much more. Which is why I didn't bother with the Disney castle, etc. The Train station I bought when buying black friday deals last fall and just splurged.

For Disney figs I got the series 2 set complete... which scratches any itch I have for favorites. My main interest is the UCS star wars line and the creator cars.. The aston martin 10262 is a very nice build. I've been dabbling with the 3rd party lighting kits too.. which are an interesting twist (when done well)
I ended up just BL’ing the parts for the train (and my Ripley MOC/MOD) I didn’t have in stock. Then I added on 3 custom passenger cars of a RETLAW 1 consist to go along with them.

I can also build a modded (fully enclosed) station mostly out of my bricks on hand... except for the roof slopes. And they’re still expensive on BL.

I tend to shy away from sets in general now - I realize they’re not going to scratch the itch. It’s mostly just designing and building MOCs for me. They give me that post-build satisfaction you mentioned.

Randomly Randy

Original Poster
That manual for the Death Star was crazy big!

It is tough isnt it. LOL. Lots of great information in it as well!

That one does Look Great. That is my favorite version of the Batmobile!

I have to agree with you on the Minnie and Mickey set. Not sure what I think about the design.

I tend to shy away from sets in general now - I realize they’re not going to scratch the itch. It’s mostly just designing and building MOCs for me. They give me that post-build satisfaction you mentioned.

Wish I was talented enough to design my own. lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom