Legit journalists accuse Disney of losing its imagination

tirian

Original Poster
The publications’ political slants don’t matter.

I’m posting these to keep track of the sudden attention from legit journalists, but I won’t be keeping up with the thread or arguing (discussing, lol) points with anyone.

Theme park-focused article decries price gouging, marketing machines, and an overall disregard for Walt’s legacy in the Federalist:

LA Times
asks if IP is squeezing the theme out of our theme parks, and sadly concludes this seems to be where we’re heading.

mikejs78

Premium Member
The publications’ political slants don’t matter.

I’m posting these to keep track of the sudden attention from legit journalists, but I won’t be keeping up with the thread or arguing (discussing, lol) points with anyone.

Theme park-focused article decries price gouging, marketing machines, and an overall disregard for Walt’s legacy in the Federalist:

LA Times
asks if IP is squeezing the theme out of our theme parks, and sadly concludes this seems to be where we’re heading.
What makes a "legit journalist"? And what makes their opinion more valid than yours and mine? These are opinion pieces, not journalism, and they have no more or less value than any opinion on this forum.

This isn't a case of "the editorial board at the LA Times" or an unsigned editorial at The Federalist. In the first case, it's a single opinion of a single journalist who specializes in the video game industry and pop music. The latter is a former GOP Senate staffed turned investor. They are two opinions that don't necessarily reflect the editorial positions of their respective publications. What makes either of them uniquely qualified to voice an opinion that is more valid than your opinion, or my opinion, or anyone's opinion for that matter?

Finally- these articles are nothing new. A quick Google search setting the time filter back to 2000-2010 uncovered similar articles over the years. I don't see anything different in these two that represent some kind of big shift.

Here are some examples:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom