Legend of the Lion King Gone?

Cheryl

Original Poster
I just saw a post on a different board that said that the Legend of the Lion King is closed? Say it isn't so! Both my son and loved watching Simba and Kira and Timon! The other board said that it closed back in February of 2002. Can anyone verify this?:cry:

Thanks!

Cheryl:D

Dawn S

I have mixed feelings on this one. I really loved the Lion King (& I'm sorry, but the "Festival..." @ AK doesn't replace this one for me), but being a massive Mickey fanatic, I am absolutely thrilled about Philharmagic. I only wish they would figure out how to expand rather than continuing to replace. :( Ah, maybe I'm just unrealistic.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by Cheryl
I just saw a post on a different board that said that the Legend of the Lion King is closed? Say it isn't so!.........The other board said that it closed back in February of 2002. Can anyone verify this?:cry:

Thanks!

Unfortunately it is true, and as already stated it will be replaced by Philharmagic sometime next year.
The good news is that you can still watch The Lion King show in AK.

WDWFREAK53

I just saw a post on a different board that said that the Legend of the Lion King is closed? Say it isn't so! Both my son and loved watching Simba and Kira and Timon! The other board said that it closed back in February of 2002. Can anyone verify this?:cry:

Thanks!

Who's Kira??? Do you mean Nala?

Cheryl

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyFreak721
It's actually been closed for quite some time now....I'm just surprised that you found out about it just recently....

:cry: Well, I"m not a newbie to these boards but fairly new. We were last down at WDW right before Christmas time and it was up and running. I guess I never thought that it would be replaced. Either that or it's just one of my favorite movies from Disney and I'm sad to see it go!:cry:

I've never seen the Philarmagic show but from what I understand, either Simba or Moofasa will be in it so that gives me some comfort! :lookaround

==========================

8 days to Disney!
They took away Lion King & the lime
monorail? What's next?:veryconfu

Cheryl

Luau Cove

I think it's okay. Though I prefer Legend... on Festival... any day of the week, it's not too "imaginative" to have two attractions, which are not one a ride and one a show, with the same theme. Two shows must be simplified to just one.

-->LUAU

disneyfan123

I am sad to see this attraction go :cry: but as others have mentioned it is not very imaginative of Disney to have two attractions based on the same film :lookaroun I am looking forward to a new show! It promises to be a good one!!

*only 1 day to go*
"Its time to remember the magic..."
:hammer: :sohappy: :hammer: :sohappy:

Steamboat_Kevin

I've never seen the Philarmagic show but from what I understand, either Simba or Moofasa will be in it so that gives me some comfort! :lookaroun
I doubt Mufasa will be in it, because Mufasa was killed. I doubt they will bring him back from the dead :lookaroun
-Kevin

the_snow_prince

Originally posted by disneyfan123
I am sad to see this attraction go :cry: but as others have mentioned it is not very imaginative of Disney to have two attractions based on the same film :lookaroun

Actually, there was three: Legend at Magic Kingdom, Festival at Animal Kingdom, and Circle of Life at Epcot. More if you count Zazu's appearence in the Enchanted Tiki Room, the "I Just Can't Wait to be King" segment of Fantasmic, and parts of Rafiki's Planet Watch.

disneyfan123

:lookaroun Well spotted!!!!!! :hammer:

*I'm leaving tomorrow!!!!!*
"Its time to remember the magic"
:hammer: :sohappy: :hammer: :sohappy:

Cheryl

Original Poster
:confused: Sorry for the confusion...yes, I did mean Nala. Don't know where Kira came from...lost my mind there for a second I guess. :hammer:

This is what I was referring to: "The "Mickey's PhilharMagic" cast will include Mickey and Donald, as well as Ariel from "The Little Mermaid," Aladdin and Jasmine from "Aladdin" and Simba from "The Lion King."

We'll be seeing Simba again soon. :lol:

monorail256

:confused: Sorry for the confusion...yes, I did mean Nala. Don't know where Kira came from...lost my mind there for a second I guess. :hammer:

This is what I was referring to: "The "Mickey's PhilharMagic" cast will include Mickey and Donald, as well as Ariel from "The Little Mermaid," Aladdin and Jasmine from "Aladdin" and Simba from "The Lion King."

We'll be seeing Simba again soon. :lol:

Is Kira the little lioness in Lion King II: Simba's Pride ?

Cheryl

Original Poster
Originally posted by monorail256

Is Kira the little lioness in Lion King II: Simba's Pride ?

Great job Monorail! I think you guessed it correct! Don't know where my brain has been lately! Thanks for clearing that up for me!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
5 days to Disney!
I can almost feel the MAGIC!

monorail256

Great job Monorail! I think you guessed it correct! Don't know where my brain has been lately! Thanks for clearing that up for me!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
5 days to Disney!
I can almost feel the MAGIC!

hehehe god.. i havent watched Simba's Pride in a looooong time.. it wasnt all THAT BAD. I think its time to go to the video vault... since now everything is DVD...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom