Leaving For Disney Tomorrow Night

TinkerChelli

Original Poster
Hi Everyone :wave:
We're leaving for Disney tomorrow night, we have a late flight 8:30 PM to arrive Orlando at 11:30 or so PM. The weather forecast is calling for winds and rain all day tomorrow. Has this ever happened to any of you? How did it turn out? I'm a bit nervous and hoping there won't be a huge delay for us.
Thanks so much
:wave:

WDW_Emily

The weather in Florida or from where you are leaving? Florida rain normally doesn't last that long so your flight shouldn't be delayed.

BigRedDad

NJ to FL is going to be through the tropical system for a good portion of your flight. The weather should be out of FL, past NC, and on its way up to NJ by tomorrow night. I think you will be facing more issues leaving NJ than landing in FL. Once in the air, they can fly over or around weather systems. Its a matter of getting to that point.

TinkerChelli

Original Poster
Thank you....I am hoping that we have a slight delay and take off and up over everything. I'm kinda nervous and scared at this point as of now there are only a few seats left in first class which I am seriously thinking of upgrading to. Man I hope there is some time within this for us to get out of NJ....:rolleyes::(

NJ to FL is going to be through the tropical system for a good portion of your flight. The weather should be out of FL, past NC, and on its way up to NJ by tomorrow night. I think you will be facing more issues leaving NJ than landing in FL. Once in the air, they can fly over or around weather systems. Its a matter of getting to that point.

TinkerChelli

Original Poster
Thank you very much!!! I will keep that in mind and bring some disney magazines "Celebrations" to the airport to read and keep me smiling. :wave:

Hope you have a safe trip, just keep it in your mind that you are going to Disneyworld and everything should be ok. :)

Phonedave

Welcome to Newark International - home of the perpetual thunderstorm

While I have been delayed heading OUT of EWR, most of the time it is heading INTO EWR when I get delays. The FAA loves to put weather holds on Newark.

I don't know what time that system is supposed to hit (I fly out on Friday morning, I hope it is cleared by then :) ) Your problem might be that the inbound plane may be delayed, so that delays your flight.

I don't know what upgrading to first class would do. It's not as if first class can leave without the rest of the plane. Flying in a storm is no big deal, it's nothing to be scared of.

Are you on Continental or Jet Blue. If you are in Continental, you will be in terminal C - there is plenty to do there while you wait. If you are with Jet Blue you will be in A, which does not have quite as much in the way of shops / food.

-dave

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Hope everything works out for you! You will get there one way or another. At least your flight is late so that even if it is delayed you are not going to miss anything at all.

Try not to worry! You're gonna be in Disney before you know it!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

BigRedDad

I am not sure if you will have different weather in NJ tonight, but this storm amounted to a whole lot of nothing here in NC. I am in Raleigh. We had a light, steady rain, low wind. My sister is on the Outer Banks. She said they got about the same with slightly elevated coastal winds.

If that is any indication for your travel, it may not be anything more than a minor storm.

TomHendricks

Hi Everyone :wave:
We're leaving for Disney tomorrow night, we have a late flight 8:30 PM to arrive Orlando at 11:30 or so PM. The weather forecast is calling for winds and rain all day tomorrow. Has this ever happened to any of you? How did it turn out? I'm a bit nervous and hoping there won't be a huge delay for us.
Thanks so much
:wave:
Were leaving tomorrow morning, first flight out of JFK. So we'll be there at the same time. They are saying the weather will be gone by tomorrow evening, so you should be fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom