• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report Leave for Disney World on Friday The 13th They Said. It'll Be Fun They Said. A July 2018 Trip Report.

LisaBelle

Original Poster
Advertisement
Day 8 Continued

Looks like we're leaving just in time! The sky was really getting dark.

Our lunch at Mama Melrose's was part of the Fantasmic dining package, so we had planned to go back to the resort, take a nap and head back to DHS. On the way back to the Contemporary Paul, Adam and Allie decided they'd had enough and didn't want to go back for Fantasmic.

Everyone took a nap. I had set an alarm to get up. Tina and I definitely wanted to go back. Mark was feeling better and wanted to join us. Spence did not want to go back, but Tina didn't want to leave him on his own. Paul said Spence could hang out with him for awhile, but Paul was still really tired from all our early mornings and late nights so he didn't want to have to stay up too late. Paul and I tossed around the idea that since we now had the van back, I could drive separately from Mark and Tina and then if Mark wanted to come back earlier he could bring the car and Tina and I could drive in the van.
When I met up with Tina and Mark I forgot that's what Paul and I discussed and the three of us ended up going in Mark and Tina's car.

Shortly, Mark, Tina and I arrived at HS.

Tina went to the Dockside Diner to grab a drink that she and Mark wanted to try. I think it was the Kahlua and Cream milkshake, but I am not positive on that. Mark and I went to Fairfax Fare. I think he got fajitas and Tina and I each got a salad. My salad had seasoned chicken, roasted corn and tortilla strips with jalapeno ranch dressing. I think Tina got the same salad. We took our food and headed into Fantasmic. We found seats at the top of the reserved section and dug into our food. After a few bites I knew that the Mexican flavors were bothering my stomach. I stopped eating the salad and went to get in line for some popcorn. The line took FOREVER! I was afraid the show was going to start before I got back to my seat, but I got finished just in time.

We did our best to get a few shots of Fantasmic!
My favorites-Belle and the Beast.

Hey there Mickey!

I love this part.

Sorcerer Mickey is triumphant.

Mark was wearing down so he decided to call it quits. He didn't want to spoil our night, so he said we should go do a few more things and he'd wait in the car. Looks like I should have remembered to drive separately :banghead:.

Up next: Tina and I finish up at HS

LisaBelle

Original Poster
Day 8 Continued

Tina and I wanted to see the Star Wars fireworks so we found a decent spot in front of the theater and enjoyed the show.

After the fireworks it was evening EMH. Tina and I weren't quite ready to throw in the towel so we headed over to visit the Muppets.

We wandered around and shopped for a bit and finally decided that it had been a long day and we wanted to get some rest before our last park day :jawdrop:😢! We took some last photos and headed to the car to meet Mark.

With that Day 8 was in the books and we only had one park day left 😢. I will end this post with a picture of Adam from earlier in the day. I am not sure exactly when it was taken but it definitely summed up how we all felt by the end of this day!

Up next: Our last park day at MK

LisaBelle

Original Poster
Before I continue with my TR I have a few questions for my more experienced Disney friends.

If someone and her sister were planning a late May trip to Flower and Garden :joyfull: could they expect the food booths to be open during evening EMH at Epcot?

Has anyone done the After Hours event at HS? Would it be worth the money if they couldn't get FP+ for Slinky or should they just try to rope drop Slinky and do the After Hours event at MK where there are more rides and attractions that they care about? (pretty sure I know the answer to this one, but wanted to hear other thoughts).

If these same people booked a dessert party for Happily Ever After should they arrive as early as possible to get the best possible viewing point for the fireworks or are there enough good viewing spots that they can arrive later and still have a good seat? They have never had a good view of the castle projections during HEA as they are vertically challenged and haven't been willing to give up park time to stake out a front row spot for HEA. They are hoping they will get a good view from the dessert party. I know @Zipitidoda has done this as well as some others. Thoughts? Tips?

Thanks!

LisaBelle

Original Poster
Day 9 MK

Our final park day dawned early and Tina, Paul, Adam, Allie and I walked to MK. Mark and Spence decided to sleep in and meet us later. We really enjoyed being able to walk to MK from the Contemporary.

We entered MK and got in line for some PP pics.

Up next: More Main Street and our first attraction of the day.

LisaBelle

Original Poster
Day 9 Continued

We headed up Main Street toward the Castle.

I will never get tired of seeing this beautiful sight.

Today we wanted to ride attractions we hadn't yet been able to experience and revisit our favorites. Our first attraction was a Flight over London in a magical pirate ship! This ride is a true classic and I always enjoy it.

Then we battled Zurg!

Up next: Adventureland

Rista1313

Before I continue with my TR I have a few questions for my more experienced Disney friends.

If someone and her sister were planning a late May trip to Flower and Garden :joyfull: could they expect the food booths to be open during evening EMH at Epcot?

Has anyone done the After Hours event at HS? Would it be worth the money if they couldn't get FP+ for Slinky or should they just try to rope drop Slinky and do the After Hours event at MK where there are more rides and attractions that they care about? (pretty sure I know the answer to this one, but wanted to hear other thoughts).

If these same people booked a dessert party for Happily Ever After should they arrive as early as possible to get the best possible viewing point for the fireworks or are there enough good viewing spots that they can arrive later and still have a good seat? They have never had a good view of the castle projections during HEA as they are vertically challenged and haven't been willing to give up park time to stake out a front row spot for HEA. They are hoping they will get a good view from the dessert party. I know @Zipitidoda has done this as well as some others. Thoughts? Tips?

Thanks!
I can speak for the dessert party... now, it depends on which party they book, the Terrace party, or the garden... the Terrace (seated) they would want to get there early to get a seat near the rail, but the garden is nice and open and it's not necessary!

LisaBelle

Original Poster
I can speak for the dessert party... now, it depends on which party they book, the Terrace party, or the garden... the Terrace (seated) they would want to get there early to get a seat near the rail, but the garden is nice and open and it's not necessary!
Thanks @Rista1313! That's very helpful.

Megbutnotmegan

I will agree having done the garden viewing dessert party 4 times, including on NYE, that there isn’t a bad view in the garden. There was only once that we had to stand and even then we had a good view just standing instead of sitting on the “grass.”

Tuvalu

Premium Member

Thanks!
1. The food booths are not open during EMH at Epcot.

2. Rope drop Slinky. After Hours at MK is a better value.

3. Do the garden view for HEA dessert party. We ate dessert first and wandered down to the garden about 15 minutes prior to showtime. There was lots of space to stretch out. Perfect view of castle projections and fireworks....highly recommend.

Zipitidoda

Thanks!
There is no reason to go early to the desert parties, there is plenty of space in the garden. Enjoy the park as long as you can :happy:.

I haven't been to an After Hours Event but I personally think they would be worth it. They are a bit expensive but from what I've read there is virtually no wait for rides and the crowds seem pretty minimal. If you do it please let us know all about it!!!

LisaBelle

Original Poster
1. The food booths are not open during EMH at Epcot.

2. Rope drop Slinky. After Hours at MK is a better value.

3. Do the garden view for HEA dessert party. We ate dessert first and wandered down to the garden about 15 minutes prior to showtime. There was lots of space to stretch out. Perfect view of castle projections and fireworks....highly recommend.
  1. 😢 I may or may not have been hoping to have as many hours as possible in which to stuff myself with delicious food!
  2. Good to know.
  3. Yay!
Thanks @ Tuvalu!

LisaBelle

Original Poster
There is no reason to go early to the desert parties, there is plenty of space in the garden. Enjoy the park as long as you can :happy:.

I haven't been to an After Hours Event but I personally think they would be worth it. They are a bit expensive but from what I've read there is virtually no wait for rides and the crowds seem pretty minimal. If you do it please let us know all about it!!!
So glad to hear this about the dessert parties.
After Hours sounds like so much fun! Of course I will let you know all about it.

TheMouseFan

Thanks!
It looks like all of your questions have been answered, but I would like to agree with everyone about the garden view dessert party. We absolutely loved it and had tons of room with a great view! I would also like to suggest that you may have more fun if you included a third individual who happens to live right up I75 from you!!

LisaBelle

Original Poster
It looks like all of your questions have been answered, but I would like to agree with everyone about the garden view dessert party. We absolutely loved it and had tons of room with a great view! I would also like to suggest that you may have more fun if you included a third individual who happens to live right up I75 from you!!
If you happen to have a “work trip” in Orlando at the end of May we’d love to have you join us!

TheMouseFan

If you happen to have a “work trip” in Orlando at the end of May we’d love to have you join us!
I wish! Unfortunately, the other doctor at my practice is on maternity leave until June and the kids have so many sports and end of year events that there is no way I could get away in May! Maybe some day!!

Top Bottom