Leave A Legacy

DanStat

Hey Guys...I was wondering about the "Leave a Legacy" at EPCOT. What do you have to do? Do they just take your picture? And...how much does it cost?

Thanks!

mickeyfan

We had our Leave A Legacy pictures done a year and a half ago. I believe the cost was $35.00 each and you can have up to two people per picture because of the size (we had two done, one with my husband and myself and one with my two daughters). If you are an annual passholder or have an American Express you can get 10% off. If you get down there, please look us up. Our tile locator address is: West 5-C-5-10-26 and West 5-C-5-10-27. We did it just because we are frequent visitors and "always wanted to be there"!!:D :D

Upvote 0

disneydentist

They take the picture and the next day you can see the pictures of everyone from that day on a board near Spaceship Earth. At least that's the way the did it in Nov. of '99 when my kids did it.

Upvote 0

markymark

We got our picture done last year, the only problem is that I am unable to view the picture on line. Each time I go to the website, it either doesnt find it, or if it does, my details reject. I have e-mailed for help, but no one has answered.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think I remeber seeing somewhere that they abandoned the Legacy website. I will see if can still get into mine.

Upvote 0

disneydentist

No Luck. I got a message that said you can no longer post your family tree on line because the Millenium Celebration has ended. It does say that you can still get images and go and visit them in Epcot.

Upvote 0

DisJosh

I think I'm gonna leave my ugly mug on.......oh i mean legacy nexty time I go. I had one of those bricks done and when we were looking for it last year the thing was barely there it was all worn.........hopefully the legacy thing will work out better.

Upvote 0

mickeyfan

I can't enter the website either.

However, they did send us a nice keepsake card for each tile we purchased with the etchings in them. This is where our tile locator information is so we can find ourselves when we go down.

Upvote 0

MrPromey

Originally posted by wdwmagic
You can also have a text message on your legacy. :)

Yes, I noticed that the last time I was there. Any idea when they started offering this? I'm guessing that since this didn't go over as well as they were expecting, the text was a way to help fill the spaces… The probably should have had this as an option from the start. Those things would probably be covered right now if the had...

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
They have reduced the price to $25 for the first tile and I believe there is a reduced rate for each additional tile.

Upvote 0

MrPromey

Originally posted by markymark
Is this because they are not selling well, I wonder?

Well, I can tell you that they aren't doing as well as was anticipated. Weather or not that means not well, I do not know. They are kind of in a bind though because they sort of have to fill them or they look stupid publicly for the next 20 years. If worse came to worse though, they could always include them in a resort package or something... I think they will fill them. It's happening, just slowly.

Upvote 0

dopey

if it's not selling well, it could be that it looks like a series of grave markers. at first i thought it was some traveling war memorial. i hope it's not a permanent fixture in its current location. i find it morose.

Upvote 0

MrPromey

Originally posted by dopey
if it's not selling well, it could be that it looks like a series of grave markers. at first i thought it was some traveling war memorial. i hope it's not a permanent fixture in its current location. i find it morose.

I don't remember exactly but I don't think they actually have to keep them there (as per the contract) but they do have to keep them somewhere in public view for 20 years...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom