Least immersive attraction at DLR?

smooch

Goofys sky school. I’m annoyed eveytime I gotta explaine to my kids how this heap of steal even exists at a Disney park. 2nd is the equally baffling “lobby” for the Hyperion theater. 3rd is everything that happens with the biggest mail it in job monster inc. marquee till your in the first show screen.

Sky School is definitely up there for least immersive. I used to enjoy it as a kid when it was Mulholland Madness cause it was a fun coaster and I loved the feeling of the sharp turns over the edges where you felt like you were gonna fall off, but as I've gotten older I have noticed how incredibly ugly it is. Now that it's a "Sky School" yet its the exact same pipe nightmare, it looks so incredibly terrible. Being surrounded by metal pipes does not remind me of being in the sky. I don't know any other attraction that just feels as wrong and un-immersive, even Monster's Inc. at least puts you inside Monstropoplis. Maybe the older Orange Stinger, why did we fly around the inside of an orange? What even was that attraction, at least with the Silly Symphony Swings re-theme it sorta makes sense of being swept up into a tornado.

Blu

Sky School is definitely up there for least immersive. I used to enjoy it as a kid when it was Mulholland Madness cause it was a fun coaster and I loved the feeling of the sharp turns over the edges where you felt like you were gonna fall off, but as I've gotten older I have noticed how incredibly ugly it is. Now that it's a "Sky School" yet its the exact same pipe nightmare, it looks so incredibly terrible. Being surrounded by metal pipes does not remind me of being in the sky. I don't know any other attraction that just feels as wrong and un-immersive, even Monster's Inc. at least puts you inside Monstropoplis. Maybe the older Orange Stinger, why did we fly around the inside of an orange? What even was that attraction, at least with the Silly Symphony Swings re-theme it sorta makes sense of being swept up into a tornado.
The bummer is the ride system might play well in a themed or indoor attraction. i also enjoy the ride itself, it’s thrilling, just more Santa cruise thrilling In its current state. Fr some reason though this ride acts like a symble to me of how dissipointing DCA was 20 tears ago.

Blu

Any bare wild mouse coaster ain't a great look for a Disney park, but my family and I at least find Goofy more charming than the previous incarnation.
Sure I’ll take something over nothing. It’s largely on par with the rest of paradise park. Is it just me, I got on GSS with my back pack and could barley get my legs under the lap bar. There was a moment where I’m looking at the cast member and he kinda smiled, rolled his eyes, followed by berratment from my kid. Maybe that added to my sky school distain .

PiratesMansion

Remember when Sky School was supposed to be removed for the Ratatouille attraction?

Those were the days.

Since it looks like Primeval Whirl's days at AK are numbered, it would be nice if DCA would follow their example and get ready to take it out.

Blu

Remember when Sky School was supposed to be removed for the Ratatouille attraction?

Those were the days.

Since it looks like Primeval Whirl's days at AK are numbered, it would be nice if DCA would follow their example and get ready to take it out.
I read that as well. That entire area compared to the rest of DAK is shocking terrible. I’m know it’s off topic, but the idea of gutting a lot Paradise park including goofies for a coco area makes a ton of sense. Keep that Pixar stuff together.

Rich T

I’m sure you’re kidding about the carousel. Simply being in Disneyland and experiencing its many joys is the best “immersion” of all. The DL flat rides and Autopia are wonderful just being themselves. Well, maybe not Orbitor.

Mac Tonight

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I always find the restrooms next to the firestation to be a bit lacking in theming and cohesion.

Phroobar

Why does everyone forget Jumping Jellyfish?

photo2jpg.jpg

DavidDL

I vote the Sun Wheel! Wait.. no, Mickey's Fun Wheel! Dang it, the.. *groan* Pixar-Pal-Around.

An attraction with an identity crisis aesthetically, with an un-engaging queue followed by lifting you higher than any other attraction at the resort, taking you out of it and giving you a full 360 view of the surrounding city. Astro Orbiter and Jumpin' Jellyfish aren't great, it's true, but at least they keep you in their respective parks.. more or less.

smooch

Why does everyone forget Jumping Jellyfish?

photo2jpg.jpg

I remember when I was so young that I had to wear my extra thick shoes to be tall enough to ride the Jumpin' Jellyfish. I think it's at least better themed than Mulholland Madness was, the colors of the Jellyfish look nice and it barely takes any space, plus the tower it's all on is decorated pretty nicely, it's not over done or under done for what the ride is.

Phroobar

I remember when I was so young that I had to wear my extra thick shoes to be tall enough to ride the Jumpin' Jellyfish. I think it's at least better themed than Mulholland Madness was, the colors of the Jellyfish look nice and it barely takes any space, plus the tower it's all on is decorated pretty nicely, it's not over done or under done for what the ride is.
Sure until you see the Disney Sea original version and how stripped down DCA's version is.

ccd67e6ca9774019ec27610dd1fb3d9c.jpg

With the Little Mermaid ride across the way, they really need to plus up Jumping Jellyfish to at least Disney Sea quality. At least it isn't the Green Army men parchute drop that other Toy Story lands got.

TP2000

Sure until you see the Disney Sea original version and how stripped down DCA's version is.

ccd67e6ca9774019ec27610dd1fb3d9c.jpg

With the Little Mermaid ride across the way, they really need to plus up Jumping Jellyfish to at least Disney Sea quality. At least it isn't the Green Army men parchute drop that other Toy Story lands got.

But you know, because it's Tokyo, it's not just aesthetically superior with far more gracious and polite CM's operating it. It also does this thing where each seashell moves up and down independently, so the ride has a more organic look and feel to it like real jellyfish would.

smooch

But you know, because it's Tokyo, it's not just aesthetically superior with far more gracious and polite CM's operating it. It also does this thing where each seashell moves up and down independently, so the ride has a more organic look and feel to it like real jellyfish would.

Why implement more function when less function do trick

VJ

why has no one mentioned the parking lot trams yet?! those are the most egregious form of non-immersion in theme park history and i refuse to stand for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom