Le Cellier.....Up to the Hype?

Todd L

Original Poster
Sorry If this has been beaten to death .

My wife and I are having a Date Night On our trip this Year and we made reservations at Le Cellier.

Been dying to try it for years but just never managed to make it happen until now.

Our last Signature meal didnt live up to the Hype.

We ate at The Coral Reef.

Its was basically a Warehouse with a fish tank that served Red Lobster quality food ..Sorry if that offends anyone. 4 of us , 8 sit down credits and we All walked away less than thrilled.

The service was below average and We were basically rushed out the door after we were sat 45 minutes after our Reservation time.

We are so excited to have the whole Night at Epcot kid free and Just want everything to be perfect.

What do you think?

We Love Mama Melrose, 50's Prime time, Rose and Crown and Captain jacks...

Wed be open to change our Plans ...Thanks

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Me and my DH personally absolutely love Le Cellier!! Steak is the best on property in our opinion and we have been to most Signature restaurants on property, and our other fave is Jiko at AKL. We just went to Le Cellier again this past December. It is a must do for us every trip.
You will see lots of opinions good and bad but hey you gotta try for yourself. I think you 2 will both enjoy it. Oh and it's 10x better than Coral Reef!!!! We did not care for it over there either. I hope you both have a wonderful kid free evening!!! :)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've eaten at Le Cellier at least once on each of 35+ trips and never had bad service or meal. That said, I've heard others complain about the service and a few complaints about the food.

I honestly recommend it, but given other's complaints I will couch the recommendation with a "you can never be certain". Occasionally a server or chef may not be on their game.

wdwfan4ver

There is are some things that I am letting you up front. Some members on this site have answered about Le Cellier in the past have ranked it lower than Yachtsman Steakhouse and Shula's when it comes to steakhouse's on WDW property when you compare steaks.

The biggest thing with Le Cellier is the cheese soup and the pretzel bread.

The Chief at Le Cellier might have had a bad week for the last time I was there.

I out 2 meals I had there in 2012. only 1 was good for lunch for a party of 2. Before 2012, all the meals I had there was very good. In 2012, the first of 2 meals had problems. The steak was rushed and it didn't taste right. What meant by the steak was rushed by the fact it came about 3 to 5 minutes after they were ordered. The other person I was with had the same issue. We were eating the bread when the steaks came and we weren't talking to each other between after ordering the steaks and when the steaks came either. That meant there wasn't a lot of time for eating the delicious bread Canada has.

We ordered the steaks medium and they were out faster than they were in the past despite having the same amount of people Le Cellier serves and the steaks tasted worse than it the past.

I also knew people outside of the internet that went to WDW as the same days as I did in 2012 with different days and times of the ADR, but they also had problems with the food 1 out 2 days for lunch. The problem with the steak according to them because it wasn't edible with it being rushed despite being ordered Medium.

wdwfan4ver

What Trotsky said about Le Cellier being "promoted" to deal with the overload by a "1 DDP" Steak house is true. Le Cellier doesn't exactly have a big capacity in terms of amount of people allowed at a time. Le Cellier was a bargain as a 1 Disney Dinning Plan credit table service.

Le Cellier became a signature of dinner in 2011 and became a signature for lunch in 2013. I know people outside of the internet that went to Le cellier for lunch and dinner in 2011. They said there was no difference in quality of food except for the price of food.

71dsp

We've eaten there over the past four years and have enjoyed it every visit. Every steak I've ordered has been quite good, pretzel bread is *awesome*, and the Chocolate Moose is great! No complaints from us.

EDIT: There is no doubt (for us) that Yachtsman is a better steak, but we still enjoy Le Cellier and go every year. Hopefully we can try Shula's on this upcoming trip!

Last edited:

Chezman1399

Used to love Le Cellier. Went in December and the service was very slow, and everything tasted like it sat in salt for months on end. It was never like that before, but It's a place we don't plan on going again anytime soon.

Glasgow

Been once, food was mediocre and service was terrible .. But that was a while back, 2006 I think, so not very applicable I suppose. Want to give it another shot at some point.

StarWarsGirl

I always love Le Cellier. Love their appetizers (Cheddar cheese soup!), dessert is always good, and yes, the steaks are good. I don't like Yachtsman as well as Le Cellier. I can honestly say I've never had a bad meal at Le Cellier whereas Yachtsman I have (they've burned my steak. Twice), plus all they have going for them is their steak. I have better appetizers elsewhere. Plus there's nothing like a mushroom filet. If you get steak, you pretty much won't go wrong with a filet. Even if you don't like mushrooms, you can order it with mashed potatoes or whatever floats your boat. I honestly don't give a darn about going back to Yachtsman whereas I'm excited to go to Le Cellier and get some pretzel bread, cheddar cheese soup, and poutine.

DisneyPrincess5

We enjoyed it. Was it AMAZING? No, but it was very good. I did not like the "Cellier" aspect of it with no windows and low ceilings but what else should I have expected from a Cellier! The inside however is beautiful. Something else I didn't like was that we had one of the first reservations of the day and we waited almost a half hour to be seated. But the food was good as was our service. The filet is amazing. Enjoy if you go!

horizons82

I also heard a lot of positive things for the raved about, hard-to-get reservations for Le Cellier. I was thrilled when I was able to finally get the chance to dine there.

I really liked the food (I loved my steak and risotto), the service was very good and the actual restaurant is beautiful. However, the amount of tables in such a small space and being seated so close to other parties as not being able to have any kind of private conversation COMPLETELY ruins the atmosphere of what would otherwise be a wonderful meal.

Here is my review of Le Cellier if interested:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...34-Le_Cellier_Steakhouse-Orlando_Florida.html

Marijil

Sorry If this has been beaten to death .

My wife and I are having a Date Night On our trip this Year and we made reservations at Le Cellier.

Been dying to try it for years but just never managed to make it happen until now.

Our last Signature meal didnt live up to the Hype.

We ate at The Coral Reef.

Its was basically a Warehouse with a fish tank that served Red Lobster quality food ..Sorry if that offends anyone. 4 of us , 8 sit down credits and we All walked away less than thrilled.

The service was below average and We were basically rushed out the door after we were sat 45 minutes after our Reservation time.

We are so excited to have the whole Night at Epcot kid free and Just want everything to be perfect.

What do you think?

We Love Mama Melrose, 50's Prime time, Rose and Crown and Captain jacks...

Wed be open to change our Plans ...Thanks
When I think date night I think Cal Grill, Flying Fish, Artist Point,....even V and A if your ready to splurge...not Le Cellier...just opinion

WendyTinkerbell

I agree. It all depends on when you're there and what type of service you have when dining. We have had some great meals there and others that weren't so great. On the last trip, we went to Cali Grill after the Renovation and had a horrible experience. Service was great, but food was not good and the fireworks had so many people there you couldn't see anything. The server apologized for the whole experience and took the bad short ribs off the ticket (which were excellent before the renovation... She even commented that on some days they were good and other days were not before we ordered!)

I love the cheese soup on any day and have gone just for that... but some days the steak is great and other days it isn't as great. We don't do the dining plan and always just hope for the best at any restaurant!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom