Le Cellier and dining plan

sjead

Original Poster
What is included at Le Cellier if using the dining plan? I am specifically wondering if the Chef's Favorites option is available, or do you have to stick with traditional entree, dessert, etc. and pay for the soup if you want it. Also, the child's steak option shows an extra charge. Would that be on top of the dining plan? I will go either way, just want to make sure I plan accordingly cost-wise. I NEED to try that Cheddar soup since I have never been and I know at least one child will want a steak.

donvincenzo

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can get the Chef's Favorite thing with the dining plan. I seem to remember a couple of people in our group getting it last year, and we were all on the dining plan...

mousefan1972

We ate at Le Cellier less than 2 weeks ago (April 26th) on the DDP. Our waitress did make a point to tell us that we could order the Chef's Favorite option, and that it would include the appetizer even though the DDP usually doesn't. Not sure about the kid's steak, though. My kids didn't order it.

melissw

Ate at Le Cell just this past Sat. We were on the regular DDP and both ordered the Chef's Favorites. We don't have kids, but the couple and their daughter next to us were also on the regular DDP and the CM didn't say anything about the kid's steak being extra when she was explaining what was included.
Cheedar cheese soup was great :slurp: , I ate every last drop using the breadsticks! We both got the prime rib, which was tasty, but several people at tables around us got the filet mignon which looked really good to me, but unfortunately is not on the Chef's fave list. And just an FYI there really are no substitutions on the Chef's favorite menu - just to double check, my boyfriend asked if possible to have the cream cheese mashed potatoes instead of the roasted potatoes but couldn't.

kverdon

I'm hoping what we are reading here is correct. We will be on the Dining Plan in Sept and have a ADR for LeCellier. We had planned on having the Chef's Favorites as it includes the Chedder Cheese Soup which is a must. However when I made the ADR and asked if Chef's Favorites was included in the dining plan the cast member and her supervisor said "NO!!!" as Chef's Favorities includes an appetiser which is not covered on the dining plan. Are these folks misinformed or are we going to have to skip Chef's Favorites and order the Chedder Cheese soup out-of-pocket?

confused... :shrug:

Kevin and Mona

Markz

I'm hoping what we are reading here is correct. We will be on the Dining Plan in Sept and have a ADR for LeCellier. We had planned on having the Chef's Favorites as it includes the Chedder Cheese Soup which is a must. However when I made the ADR and asked if Chef's Favorites was included in the dining plan the cast member and her supervisor said "NO!!!" as Chef's Favorities includes an appetiser which is not covered on the dining plan. Are these folks misinformed or are we going to have to skip Chef's Favorites and order the Chedder Cheese soup out-of-pocket?

Kevin and Mona

You know this is somewhat weird, because the same thing happened to me at Nine Dragon in China Pavilion

while making my ADR's I asked if we could get the Chef's Favorite "Table d'Hôte" with the soup and the appetizers, and the CM said no

When we actually got there, our server told us that we could definitely go ahead and pick that, and we would get all the stuff that comes with it

The same thing seems to be happening at le Cellier, this isn't the first time I read about this

can anyone give an official word on this?

I'm guessing that some servers are uninformed about the actual procedures (i'm my opinion they should just bring the main meal, and not the appetizers, since that's what's included in the table dining plan)

The same thing happened to my parents when they went to Chef de France, they got the whole deal when they asked if they could, main meal + soup + appetizers

When some friends went last year, they we're denied these options

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Any "package" meal [Chef's favourites, "Table d'Hôte", Fantasmic! Dinner Package, etc...] where you get a single price meal, DDP includes the whole package.

Eating at Brown Derby on the Fantasmic! package, I was told we could order appetizers because we were on the package. At Le Cellier we could order the favourites... All covered by DDP! :king:

wvdisneyfamily

I think you can order everything off the menu at Le Cellier. I hope so because I want to try the Chef's Choices at least once during our three visits there. (I'm pregnant and have been craving their sour dough bread for months. I have to get my fix while I'm at WDW for two weeks.)

Mystic

Well I think someone needs to get the policy straight then because last December when we were on the dining plan we were told at Marrakesh that we could not have the Royal Feast which does come with appetizer, entree and dessert.

Lucky

Kevin and Mona
Yes. CMs often give wrong information. This is one of those times.

Some CMs, on learning that the DDP no longer covers tips and appetizers in general, think it cannot be used for anything that includes tip (like CRT or Hoop-de-doo Revue) or appetizer (like Chef's Favorites or Fantasmic Package at Mama Melrose). They are mistaken.

The most expensive entrees (whether or not they include soup) at Marrakesh and a few other places are not covered by a DDP TS credit, but typically you can pay an extra $5 or so plus a TS credit for it.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think you can order everything off the menu at Le Cellier. I hope so because I want to try the Chef's Choices at least once during our three visits there. (I'm pregnant and have been craving their sour dough bread for months. I have to get my fix while I'm at WDW for two weeks.)
You can always order anything, but some things aren't included under the Dining Plan and you would have to pay out of pocket.

The Chef's Favourites at Le Cellier are included under the Dining plan, but if you order the exact same meal without specifying that you want the Chef's Favourites, they will charge you for the appetizer. [Most CMs will point this out, but...]

kitten2299

Well I think someone needs to get the policy straight then because last December when we were on the dining plan we were told at Marrakesh that we could not have the Royal Feast which does come with appetizer, entree and dessert.

I called Disney Dining and asked if this was covered by the dining plan since that is why we want to eat there, other wise we would just get appetizers OOP and skip the meal, and I was told that yes this is included. She did not just rattle off a quick answer she looked it up to make sure before she gave me an answer. Let me know if anyone else has had this problem as I dont want to give up Ohana's if we cant get the meal we want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom