Laundry at Caribbean Beach

LauraRose

Original Poster
Going for 14 nights in May and we have always stayed off site and had washing machines on our floor. With being there such a while was hoping to swill a few favourite outfits and bikinis through as I go through two outfits a day.

I’ve read the machines only take credit cards. I’m from the UK so I don’t know how that’ll work if I can just use my normal debit card? Does anyone use these facilities?

Weather_Lady

I don't know about a UK debit card (hopefully someone on here does, although if it's a combination debit-credit card I expect it would work), but I have used the facilities. They are convenient and efficient (I used one next to the nearest quiet pool when we stayed at CBR), and I was able to monitor the progress of the washer and dryer while I lounged by the pool, via the LaundryView app. Only one other person was there when I was (mid-morning on a weekday), so I didn't have to compete for machines. The credit card machine wasn't working that day, but there was a phone in the laundry room with a button to call maintenance. I did, and they arrived immediately and activated a washer (for free) so I could get the laundry started while they tinkered with the credit card machine. (By which I'm trying to say, if you have any issues with payment in the laundry room, don't hesitate to pick up the phone for assistance.)

http://classic.laundryview.com/disneyworld/

LauraRose

Original Poster
I don't know about a UK debit card (hopefully someone on here does, although if it's a combination debit-credit card I expect it would work), but I have used the facilities. They are convenient and efficient (I used one next to the nearest quiet pool when we stayed at CBR), and I was able to monitor the progress of the washer and dryer while I lounged by the pool, via the LaundryView app. Only one other person was there when I was (mid-morning on a weekday), so I didn't have to compete for machines. The credit card machine wasn't working that day, but there was a phone in the laundry room with a button to call maintenance. I did, and they arrived immediately and activated a washer (for free) so I could get the laundry started while they tinkered with the credit card machine. (By which I'm trying to say, if you have any issues with payment in the laundry room, don't hesitate to pick up the phone for assistance.)

http://classic.laundryview.com/disneyworld/

Great! Thanks so much for the reply

nickys

Premium Member
I strongly suggest you look into one of the pre-paid cards like Caxton. You load these online using a debit card, and that's the only time you pay any transaction fees; you load it in dollars so then you can use it just like a MasterCard when in the US. And you can then withdraw cash if you want, and reload it again using mobile banking.

If you're using an ordinary U.K. debit card, every time you use it there will be the exchange rate to worry about and a minimum transaction fee of something like £3, even if you just want to do a load of laundry.

Bartledvd

Going for 14 nights in May and we have always stayed off site and had washing machines on our floor. With being there such a while was hoping to swill a few favourite outfits and bikinis through as I go through two outfits a day.

I’ve read the machines only take credit cards. I’m from the UK so I don’t know how that’ll work if I can just use my normal debit card? Does anyone use these facilities?
You do not need to worry just go to front desk can get card from them it was $7 each card that gave us a box of detergent from the vending machines and 1 use of the washer and one use of the dryer. Obviously prices can change but that is how me and my wife have done it when staying at animal kingdom, beach club and art of animation.

LauraRose

Original Poster
I strongly suggest you look into one of the pre-paid cards like Caxton. You load these online using a debit card, and that's the only time you pay any transaction fees; you load it in dollars so then you can use it just like a MasterCard when in the US. And you can then withdraw cash if you want, and reload it again using mobile banking.

If you're using an ordinary U.K. debit card, every time you use it there will be the exchange rate to worry about and a minimum transaction fee of something like £3, even if you just want to do a load of laundry.

I am thinking of this, my dad usually uses them. Thanks for the suggestion!

LauraRose

Original Poster
You do not need to worry just go to front desk can get card from them it was $7 each card that gave us a box of detergent from the vending machines and 1 use of the washer and one use of the dryer. Obviously prices can change but that is how me and my wife have done it when staying at animal kingdom, beach club and art of animation.

Oh okay that sounds great, thank you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom