Latest Trip to Via Naploi

Eddie Garrison

Original Poster
My wife and I had not eaten at Via Napoli in probably a month or so. A rarity as it is one of our favourites locations on property. We took advantage of the lower crowd levels recently and headed out for lunch on Monday, here was our experience.

We arrived around 2:30 PM with no ADR and were seated by 2:40 PM.

We were quickly greeted by Marko (not the server) who offered us water, bread, etc. He was really funny and visited our table often to crack a joke or three.

Our waitress Franchesca was over quickly after our water was delivered from Marko to ask about drinks, wine, etc. We order a bottle and cruised the menu for a few minutes before ordering our first starter, the Prosciutto e Melone.

The Cantelope was fresh and the Prosciutto's saltiness really paired nicely with the sweet melon. It was a nice refreshing tarter to begin our meal with on such a hot afternoon.

13567020_1383539415005924_4358328629321262934_n.jpg

Next we ordered the Arancini to get into the Italian mood. It was very good though just not as hot as I would have liked it. Overall good though.

13592370_1383539441672588_7427213282849706453_n.jpg

After the two starters (and another bottle of wine) we went in for Pizza! Nothing special here just their Pepperoni Pizza today.

As always, the pizza was very good, piping hot and just a great way to round out our meal.

13537715_1383539451672587_2667137187524326039_n.jpg

Dessert was up next and we went with the Pistachio Gelati e Sorbetto. It was great as well. Just the right way to end our meal before heading back out into the blazing hot sun.

13528994_1383539478339251_8101621320368483690_n.jpg

Overall our dinning experience at Via Napoli was on par with all of our other visits to this restaurant. The wait staff was excellent. Managers came by to ask about our experience and speak with us on a personal level. The food was great and we are looking forward to our next visit back!

This is still one of our favourite locations on property and we will be back very soon.

Eddie Garrison

Original Poster
That pizza looks really short on toppings - very little pepperoni and little cheese. Was it, or does it just look that way in the photo?

Cheese, no. That's just the way it looks in the photo. Pepperonis. Yeah, a little. Still, the pizza was very good. We didn't think too much of it. We're pretty east going people.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Eddie Garrison

Original Poster

Eddie Garrison

Original Poster
Perhaps. Perhaps not. We have not seen this on our last few visits. I don't let it get to me too much. We have had more on or pizzas there the other 20 times we have eaten there so it didn't bother me.

We could have said something I'm sure. Most of the managers know who we are in there and would have made it "right" for us.

Though I can see if this is your one and perhaps only trip to Disney World and you received this pizza. I would be upset as well. Though I would go about it in the "normal" way and ask to speak to a manager and have the issue resolved.

Eddie Garrison

Original Poster
Wow - someone tries to post what they felt was a nice experience and...:banghead:

Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal. We love Via Napoli. Try prosciutto on the pizza some time.

HA! Nah. Not that bad to be honest.

Everyone has made valid points on what they see from my post and their recent trips. I just respond with my own opinions on the matter. Not trying to ruffle feathers or anything like that. I take their comments as opinion and treat them with relevance as it corresponds to this discussion to the venue.

We enjoyed our visit and will continue to dine at Via Napoli as it is one of our favourite restaurants on property.

danyoung56

I've seen plenty of bashing on this site, and I didn't think this thread rose to that level. Just some folks who had a different experience, and wanted to discuss it.

Now, if someone called Eddie an idiot for eating there, and then went on a rant about how all of Epcot should have been torched 10 years ago, well, that would have been some nice bashing . . .

Eddie Garrison

Original Poster
I've seen plenty of bashing on this site, and I didn't think this thread rose to that level. Just some folks who had a different experience, and wanted to discuss it.

Now, if someone called Eddie an idiot for eating there, and then went on a rant about how all of Epcot should have been torched 10 years ago, well, that would have been some nice bashing . . .

Exactly!

HA! I've been called worse, I assure you @danyoung56

lostpro9het

Wow - someone tries to post what they felt was a nice experience and...:banghead:

Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal. We love Via Napoli. Try prosciutto on the pizza some time.
Please don't take my post as a bash towards the OP. I'm super happy he had an excellent experience. I loved VN for our first few visits but things unfortunately changed in a way that was just too consistent to be random. My apologies if I ruined someone's day.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

You are concerned that I raised the point that the pizza there is nowhere close to being up to the high standards that Via Napoli originally set?

The purpose of the forum is to discuss and help people with their trips. Part of that includes sprinting out where there are problems. If we blindly say everything is great, what is the point?!

DisneyPrincess5

Wow that all looks and sounds awesome! We must try Via Napoli again. The first time we went was right after the grand opening and we were disappointed. We ordered a vegetable pie which was clearly topped with canned, salty as heck marinated vegetables. At home (close to NYC) vegetable pies have fresh cut garden vegetables. Next time, we will get the pepperoni!

Eddie Garrison

Original Poster
I took no ones post as anything else as what it was. Factual based opinions. The pizza did lack toppings and this seems to be a continuing trend.

Did it effect our visit? No. However I agree these forums are for everyone's benifit that perhaps do not have the opportunity as my wife and I do to visit anytime we want.

Please do not think I took anything personally at anyone's post. This is ALL for information.

We had a blast and as I said before, will cisit Via again very soon.

G8rchamps

Please don't take my post as a bash towards the OP. I'm super happy he had an excellent experience. I loved VN for our first few visits but things unfortunately changed in a way that was just too consistent to be random. My apologies if I ruined someone's day.
No ruined day - I'm just bitter because I had to go to Universal for my wife and son.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom