Latest aerial photos - March 30 2012

Cosmic Commando

Here's a teaser (sorry, not FE related). More will show up eventually :)

Click to enlarge...
So I guess they decided what to do about the pool! A couple weeks ago, when people were given tours, they said they still hadn't decided what to do about potential pool hoppers from Pop. Surely that fence all around the pool and splash area in a matching color can't be for construction at this point, right?

Rose&Crowner

Thank you very much for the pics, last poster was correct, they are like crack!

I like the idea of a cleaner transition and better restrooms in the old skyway station pathway, but I kind of had my heart set on a Tangled themed area like was rumored.

My daughter will be two when we take her back to the world in December, and she loves that movie.

I guess there wasn't enough room to build a secret tower in a valley and restrooms. :(

JungleTrekFan

So I guess they decided what to do about the pool! A couple weeks ago, when people were given tours, they said they still hadn't decided what to do about potential pool hoppers from Pop. Surely that fence all around the pool and splash area in a matching color can't be for construction at this point, right?

I think that gates around resort pools are now mandatory. A way disney uses them is that you need your resort key to access the area. But i believe that Florida added a law a few years ago that stated all pools (residential/commercial etc.) must have some sort of fence around it. This was done trying to prevent children from drowning in pool when not accompanied by an adult.

And as a result Bay Lake Tower, Kidani Village, and now the Art of Animation all have fenced in pools.

Edit;
I believe Caribbean Beach’s main pool also added a fence after a big refurb a couple years back. As did the redone Paddock pool at Saratoga Springs.

J03Y

hey... can this Scotty person possibly get an aerial shot of Animal Kingdom? more precisely a shot of the side of the park with Africa and Camp Minnie-Mickey? i have an idea for an awesome attraction or new land, but it requires a chunk of the land that is on that side. i want to show this to some friends of mine.

Rob562

hey... can this Scotty person possibly get an aerial shot of Animal Kingdom? more precisely a shot of the side of the park with Africa and Camp Minnie-Mickey? i have an idea for an awesome attraction or new land, but it requires a chunk of the land that is on that side. i want to show this to some friends of mine.

You'd probably do best to use Google Maps' Satellite/Aerial View, as nothing has really changed over there since they were last updated.

-Rob

Mawg

In the aerials I can’t make out any path for the construction vehicles, can someone point out how they are now getting in and out of there with the rockwork behind the tents seeming to block the road?

photoflight

In the aerials I can’t make out any path for the construction vehicles, can someone point out how they are now getting in and out of there with the rockwork behind the tents seeming to block the road?

The "rockwork" is open at the bottom, creating a small tunnel. There's also another access road behind the tents, although not very convenient there is one there.

J03Y

You'd probably do best to use Google Maps' Satellite/Aerial View, as nothing has really changed over there since they were last updated.

-Rob

oh, thankyou :)

every time i try to use Google Maps tho they never show the parks :lookaroun

degunter

The Crane in Fantasyland

The "rockwork" is open at the bottom, creating a small tunnel. There's also another access road behind the tents, although not very convenient there is one there.

I see the opening in the rockwork in between Ariel and the tents, but is that opening large enough to get that crane out of Fantasyland... I mean, I am sure it is, but it certainly does not look like it from the photos I have seen. But I don't have the best perception when it comes to photos.

RunnerEd

I see the opening in the rockwork in between Ariel and the tents, but is that opening large enough to get that crane out of Fantasyland... I mean, I am sure it is, but it certainly does not look like it from the photos I have seen. But I don't have the best perception when it comes to photos.

Those cranes break down and are transported by truck that can go on most US Highways/Interstates. I don't think getting the crane out will be a problem. :wave:

Murphketeer

Those cranes break down and are transported by truck that can go on most US Highways/Interstates. I don't think getting the crane out will be a problem. :wave:

If it is a problem, then getting one back in the park every November will be a HUGE issue.

I am sure they are leaving proper access.

J03Y

They should - it's always been there. Here's a link. A detailed map outlining the areas is here.

thanks so much! i'm looking into an idea for a Lion King themed ride and it would be perfect for Animal Kingdom. it requires a decent amount of space and it happens to be around Camp Minnie-Mickey, and i figured that it would be cool to have an area of that place all Lion King themed.

idk, it might just be a silly idea, but it's wishful thinking nonetheless :)

NoChesterHester

thanks so much! i'm looking into an idea for a Lion King themed ride and it would be perfect for Animal Kingdom. it requires a decent amount of space and it happens to be around Camp Minnie-Mickey, and i figured that it would be cool to have an area of that place all Lion King themed.

idk, it might just be a silly idea, but it's wishful thinking nonetheless :)

Not much room for more Lion King once Avatar moves into the area though!

estam

Over the wall pictures??

Anybody able to get some new photo's up from over the wall near Casey jr and the expansion off the castle wall?
There is week gone without any new news.
It's unbareble:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom