Late Ohana Reservation?

as5058

Original Poster
So we finally got a reservation at Ohana, but it's for 9:55 pm!! Is that too late? What time would we need to leave magic kingdom to take the monorail to the Polynesian? Should i cancel it and hold off for an earlier time? The restaurant closes at 10 so im somewhat apprehensive about it.

Biff215

It's up to you and whether you mind eating that late or not, and how bad you want to eat there. We eat at Ohana every trip so we know how hard the reservation can be to get. Don't worry about it closing at 10:00, no one expects to leave at that time, it's just the cutoff for reservations. With that said, don't take a chance at being late. I would leave the MK no later than 9:00, maybe a little earlier to be safe. You could enjoy the Poly or maybe even get seated earlier if lucky. We love Ohana after dark, so that's an advantage IMO.

It is an awesome experience, really the only fixed price meal we'll still spend the money on. So if you're okay with eating that late, go for it! (and keep trying for something earlier in case it opens up)

as5058

Original Poster
It's up to you and whether you mind eating that late or not, and how bad you want to eat there. We eat at Ohana every trip so we know how hard the reservation can be to get. Don't worry about it closing at 10:00, no one expects to leave at that time, it's just the cutoff for reservations. With that said, don't take a chance at being late. I would leave the MK no later than 9:00, maybe a little earlier to be safe. You could enjoy the Poly or maybe even get seated earlier if lucky. We love Ohana after dark, so that's an advantage IMO.

It is an awesome experience, really the only fixed price meal we'll still spend the money on. So if you're okay with eating that late, go for it! (and keep trying for something earlier in case it opens up)

We dont mind eating late, just kind of bummed that we will miss out on the last 2 hours at magic kingdom when it will be least crowded. The ideal situation would be something around 6:30 so we could come back for the night time, but obviously thats a really popular dinner time. We will hold onto this reservation but hope something better opens up probably

R W B

Just had a 9:40 resi at Ohana last week and we checked in for 9 and was seated at 9:05, it was 6 of us. I also made that resavation literally the day before.

I personally like eating at Ohana as the last thing of the day because im always stuffed when I leave and can't even think about going back to the parks afterwards.

Demeter Tess

I actually love 'Ohana late at night! The restaurant is a little less lively (you probably won't get to see the ukulele performance) but the trade-off is a lovely view of the castle all lit up and a more leisurely dinner. It's quite magical!

DisneyPrincess5

I personally would not like to eat that late. Past 8 is not my jam. But if you and your party don’t mind, go for it. Also I wouldn’t cancel it to hold out for an earlier time as you may not even be presented with another opportunity. Just hang on to it and check back at least daily to see if any other times have opened.

If you end up with the 9:55 still have keep it, I’d leave MK at 9, explore the Poly a bit then check in. Or even check in, then explore as they may take you earlier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom