Late Night Jungle Cruise Excursions

Scuttle

Original Poster
I have posted before but figured I would get a thread going about late night Jungle Cruise excursions. When the MK had extra hours from 11-2, My girlfriend and I went on the Jungle Cruise at like 130. Let me tell you this was no ordinary Jungle Cruise this was the "adult" version and it was fantastic. The park was so dead that my girlfriend and I and one other couple were the ONLY people on the boat. I can't remember any quotes from the skipper, but remember him being hilarious and totally ad libbing lines. It was a fantastic experience and I will never forget it. And to this day I try to go on late night rides to try and get this experience again. Has anyone been lucky enough to experience anything like this?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I've done this before, too, and it's fantastic. The one time we did it (at about 2:30 in the morning), our skipper told us we were getting the "after hours cruise". Lines were ad-libbed left and right (there were a total of 3 of us on the boat). When we returned, I wanted him to take us around again, but he said, "That was my best material. It's all downhill from here!"

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The best one I had, with all due respect to the fantasic skippers, was one with no spiel. Purely just the ambient ride noises and sound effects.

Walt Disney1955

How dirty could it get? I mean, we went on the Jungle Cruise at night (8pm or so) and the girl who was our skipper was hilarious. I'm not sure if it was "adult" humour but she made jokes about her mother in law and Britney Spears. The last thing she said was "take your children or we kidnap them and they are forced to work at Its a Small World". She was hilarious, but I do remember a couple things that a kid wouldn't really understand, although it wasn't a dirty joke so to speak

Crockett

Banned
How dirty could it get?
Umm...it can get interesting. :lookaroun But the skippers do an outstanding job (had my gf & myself in stitches), and only keep the humor at the adult level when ONLY adults are present. If not, they keep the non-pc material so above children's heads that they do not know what the skipper is talking about. It was all in good fun, and we had a blast.

Crockett

Banned
And for the record, it is not advised to repeat any adult material here on the boards. There was a thread on the same subject awhile back which vanished off the grid completely. These adult Jungle Cruises are sorta like Fight Club...some of us know about it, but shouldn't speak of it. ;)

Just keep it clean.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It's also not advisable to post any details about your skipper for these adult excursions, as I'm sure management frowns upon them.

These adult Jungle Cruises are sorta like Fight Club...some of us know about it, but shouldn't speak of it.

Rule number 1 of adult Jungle Cruises...never talk about adult Jungle Cruises. :ROFLOL:

Scuttle

Original Poster
I agree the late night JC rides are great and are kind of sacred. I have tried 3 times since my "adult" ride to duplicate the first, but I haven't been able to ride at 130 again. Good news is I will be staying at the Polynesian June 3-6 and the Magic Kingdom has extra hours 11-2 both Friday and Sunday, so I have two shots at getting an "adult" ride.

Spike-in-Berlin

I agree the late night JC rides are great and are kind of sacred. I have tried 3 times since my "adult" ride to duplicate the first, but I haven't been able to ride at 130 again. Good news is I will be staying at the Polynesian June 3-6 and the Magic Kingdom has extra hours 11-2 both Friday and Sunday, so I have two shots at getting an "adult" ride.

That's one of the reasons why the MK resorts are so great for the EMH there, you can stay almost until park closing and you still are back home in just a few minutes. When we were staying at the Poly and at the Wilderness Lodge we were among the last guests leaving the park.
It is a very special atmosphere and mood at this time far past midnight, not only on the JC (already did several night cruises) but in the entire MK.

JafarMaleficent

Not gonna happen after 1am anymore. Its closed so They can refuel. But it closes at 1. And the best one I had was just learning about the attraction while on it.

SeaCastle

We haven't done a daytime JC in years. Nighttime cruises are the way to go. Sometimes you'll get a boat for yourself, and even if you don't, the skippers seem a lot more funny after dark. Suffice to say, there's a lot of cool nighttime lighting effects, and the temple seems a lot more forbidding.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
They can, but it depends STRONGLY on what time it is, who else is on, who your skipper is...
I'm dating a skipper, so I get to hear ALL the adult jokes. :)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The best one I had, with all due respect to the fantasic skippers, was one with no spiel. Purely just the ambient ride noises and sound effects.

Interesting...I heard some people complain LOUDLY about skippers that never said a word.

wilkeliza

Interesting...I heard some people complain LOUDLY about skippers that never said a word.

Skippers really have to know their audience. If they can tell it is someone who has been here done that kinda group letting them ride with no spiel can be fine however if they miss the mark and they get someone who wants the jungle cruise exactly as it is suppose to be then that's where the complainers come from.

I could easily see the adult cruises get a skipper in trouble because they misread the group and they get an uber conservative group and offend some people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom