Late night hours need Mband?

Timothy W.

Original Poster
On magic hours late evening do they scan your band at each ride or do they just look to see if you have one? what if you just have a resort key? Im just not a bracelet or watch person and prefer using a card. they wil still give you that option right? besides I have collected all my old cards from past visits and have them in order.

Rob562

They will scan your Band or RFID card. As long as the Band or Card is linked to your profile, and you have your hotel reservation linked to the profile, they'll let you proceed.

-Rob

Timothy W.

Original Poster
If I want to use a card during the day when it's hot (not wanting to wear the rubber band) but might wear the band at night when it's cooler and not have the hastle of having to pull a card out for every ride. Will Disney put your info on both your card and band? Thanks!

Rob562

If I want to use a card during the day when it's hot (not wanting to wear the rubber band) but might wear the band at night when it's cooler and not have the hastle of having to pull a card out for every ride. Will Disney put your info on both your card and band? Thanks!

The system is set up in the opposite direction that you're thinking it is. Nothing important is stored on the card or Band. Instead, the cards and Bands are simply pointers to your MDE profile. When you scan them, the reader uses the pointer to find your profile and look up the relevant info (park admission, currently-valid FP+, current hotel reservation, dining plan, room charge account, etc).

All Cards and Bands linked to your profile can be used interchangeably by you for all aspects of your MDE profile and experience. Presumably the front desk or Guest Relations can also give you a card that can be linked to your profile (by you or by them) so that you can use the Card during the day and the Band in the evening. No matter which you use, they still point to "you" in the database.

In fact, if you have an old RFID card/ticket from a recent trip, you should be able to link that to your profile and use it, even if there isn't a valid ticket still on it. It's at least worth a try. If it links and can be used, it'll show up as an active "Card" under the "Magic Bands and Cards" section of your MDE profile page. I have my now-expired AP card showing up under my profile, and presume it will be able to be used on my trip in November.

-Rob

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom