Late December Avaliability

jpeden

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I'm in a bit of a pickle. For the first time since I can remember, my wife and I both have the week after Christmas off from our respective jobs. She just found out last week (I always have it off). We thought about trying to go to Disney World over New Years (around Dec. 28-Jan 01) as we have annual passes this year and have never seen the World at New Years before. However, when I search I'm showing zero availability for every resort on property. Just a few days ago I was able to find availability on Expedia, but not every time I search, it tells me "this resort does not allow check in on your selected date" - regardless if I put the 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, or 30th of December in the search bar.

Is the World really sold out at this time of year? I knew it was super crazy busy but I figured you could get a room at least somewhere on property still.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is the busiest week of the year making 100% occupancy not only possible, but quite probable.

All you can do is keep checking and book the second something becomes variable for your dates.

jpeden

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
It is the busiest week of the year making 100% occupancy not only possible, but quite probable.

All you can do is keep checking and book the second something becomes variable for your dates.

Makes sense. We could stay off property but I've seen the pictures and that looks like a nightmare I don't even want to get into. I think I'll just keep checking and see what shows up. Maybe some people will drop some room-only reservations closer to the end of the month.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Makes sense. We could stay off property but I've seen the pictures and that looks like a nightmare I don't even want to get into. I think I'll just keep checking and see what shows up. Maybe some people will drop some room-only reservations closer to the end of the month.
You also might want to look at a split stay as trying to find a full week at one resort is often impossible this late, but you might be able to find 2 days here, 3 days there and so on.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Looks like the Dolphin is available for those dates, but at a cost. $365 a night plus resort fee and parking, so you are looking at roughly $425 a night.

DisAl

If you have not already try calling WDW direct. They would have the most up to date info and immediate access to any cancellations.
Your chances are slim and none and slim is probably out of town, but it is worth a try.

nbdysreal

I'm staying those exact dates. You can find 12/28 and sometimes 12/29, but good luck on the others. We're are staying at swan and dolphin for 3 of the nights. Check there, as another poster said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom