Late Check in At Polynesian?

Grumpy56

I'm new to this discussion board and I have already gotten lots of great info here for our upcoming trip, so Thanks! Our flight will not arrive in Orlando until 10 pm on a Friday night. Will this effect our choice of rooms at the Polynesian? I was tempted to book a hotel off property for Friday night since we have to arrive so late, but would rather save the hassleof moving. This is at spring break time so I'm anticipating that the hotel will be fairly full. Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.

Pioneer Hall

If you call in advance you can request a room and if they can they will hold it for you. Doesn't matter when you check in. You have the same chance if you got there at 4.

Upvote 0

Grumpy56

Original Poster
Thanks for you reply, that's reassuring. When you say call in advance do you mean call the hotel directly 4 days ahead? I made the reservation through Shades of Green so I didn't have the opportunity to make a room request at that time. Thanks

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Call Disney Reservations about a month in advance and tell them what room you want. Then call the hotel directly 5 days in advance from when you are supposed to check in. Room assignments are given 5 days in advance.

Upvote 0

Seano846

Your best bet is to check in early if you can, It has worked every time for me (before 10 A.M) to get the exact room I wanted(have several choices ready just in case) Every time that I requested a room prior to check-in they never had it on my reservation( even after I called the resort directly 2-3 days in advance). The time of year you are going is also a big factor. Good luck

Upvote 0

Seano846

Belive me I've called 10 days in advance, I've called 5 days in advance, I've called the front desk several times. They just never seem to get it right

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

When I did it for the French Quarter this summer I got exactly what I asked for and even more. They gave me a water view room instead of a standard room view!!

Upvote 0

Seano846

Pretty cool, I wish I was that lucky. I always stay at the Poly and I have yet to be offered an upgrade. (even after ______________ up to the CM at check-in):brick:

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Also, call multiple times. Call CRO about 3 times and keep asking if they made the note on the reservation. Also, when they tell you where the room is, if it isn't what you wanted tell them where you want to be. They may be able to occomadate you.

Upvote 0

Grumpy56

Original Poster
Thanks for all your input! I guess I will make the calls and hope for the best. We've never stayed at the Polynesian but always thought it would be fun to stay there so I'm sure we will have a great time no matter where they put us!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom