Pre-Trip Last Trip of our Whirlwind AP Year- December Saratoga Springs

I'm going to go ahead and get this started, 12.5 weeks to go!

When: December 14th-17th
Where: Saratoga Springs (we went through DVC Rental Store this time...we wanted AKL but it wasn't available...someday!)
Why: Well, as the title suggests, our AP runs out soon, so one more trip is in order. From only getting to go once a year or every 18 months, I've made 6 trips to the World this AP year, and DH has made 4. We have a cruise booked for next December, and unless we change it, it is a 7 night, so muuuuch more expensive than our past 3 or 4 nights, so we don't think we'll get to the World next year, unless I go ahead with tentative plans to take my younger brother sometime (though that may be 2019, we'll see...)
Who: Just me, Amber, age 39 at time of this travel, and DH, Dave, 47. Here we are from our last trip (I just finished the Trip Report if anyone is interested http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/in-before-irma-a-september-beach-club-mini-trip-completed.932582/

Screenshot_20170910-125556 by Amber Zaremsky, on Flickr

Our plans so far are as follows:

Arrival Day, Thursday, December 14th- planning to arrive early am. We have an ADR at Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' at 11:35. Not sure which park we will go to, but then we have a dinner ADR at Spice Road Table for an Illuminations viewing at 8:00pm...we loved the holiday tag last year!

Friday, December 15th- again, haven't solidified our plans yet...I know, I know. We have a Yak & Yeti ADR at 6:00.

Saturday, December 16th- We will be doing the Keys to the Kingdom Tour at 8:00am. Probably will hang around Magic Kingdom, and hope to do Trader Sam's that evening.

Since we're staying in such close proximity to Disney Springs, we want to try some various food places there, as well as maybe see the Festival of Trees thingy (the name is escaping me). We aren't doing any MVMCP.

@Tuvalu , anything line up? We're pretty flexible!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
a9ed842f739e930dc8e9340bafbbaeaf77994c50c74fc6a86b046b54cb9b2c59.jpg

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
This trip is coming up soon, and I have a strange request. I see on social media that Mouse Gears has restocked the rose gold ears, which I was hoping to get a pair of. But I'm afraid they'll be sold out when I'm there....anyone wanna be my best friend and pick me up a pair, if you're in the vicinity soon?

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's almost tiiiiiiiime!!!

Packing has gone a bit slower than usual this time around, not for lack of excitement. I blame the time of year, and all of the shopping, wrapping, decorating, baking, getting projects ready for school, and having a stomach bug over Thanksgiving (seriously CANNOT catch a break these days...I came down with some chest congestion this week, but on the mend now and should be fine). Also, I find it so hard to pack for such a range in temperatures as we will probably encounter. But anyway, I made strides yesterday and we are almost set.

DH has off Wednesday (though bless him, he will be super busy Monday and Tuesday). Cats will be boarded, the house will be prepared. We'll leave somewhere in the early morning, depending on when we get to bed.

I love Christmastime at the World and can't wait to be back!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom