Last Tour to Endor - Hard Ticket Event

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Does anyone know exactly how much of DHS is going to be open and operating for our enjoyment that night? I have tickets in hand, but I would love to know if rides other than Star Tours will be operational that night. I would think that they would be, but I would like to know a bit more. I appreciate any info that can be shared about this here on the boards.

TIA
Still nothing official. Like you I think ToT, RnRC ans TSM will be open but right now it is anyone's guess.

mickeysaver

Still nothing official. Like you I think ToT, RnRC ans TSM will be open but right now it is anyone's guess.

Pre-trip anxiety is starting to settle in. Nothing is packed. My partner is out of town until 6 days before we leave, so there will be a lot of running around at the last minute. She stinks at time management and that that always creates more stress for me. I am second guessing every single thing that we have planned, including this event because I have not much of an idea as to what I have spent my money on buying and if we are rained out, I am going to be super ticked off and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Can we just fast forward about 3 weeks?

Seriously, is there nothing more that they can tell us about the event?!?!

stlbobby

Ouch.

How I wish I could be there for this finale. One final geek-out before the ride goes prequel trilogy crazy. I'm one of the crazy ones who thinks filmed physical models always feel more "real" than pure CGI.

Yes, I understand that the world has long since passed me by. :)

You're not alone. I too long for the days of actually building models and sets and shooting things rather than just hanging people in-front of a green screen. The sad thing is that it is so much cheaper to go digital that it has become the standard and now a whole generation doesn't even know the difference.

I saw Inception last night and they have several awesome sequences where they built real sets and twisted them and destroyed them rather than just use digital. It has it's share of digital effects, but Nolan loves building things and shooting them for real if he can. He also goes old school on the editing and cinematography during the action scenes. It isn't just jerky cameras and tenth of a second cuts. He actually stages chases and fights and lets the action playout. It was refreshing.

mickeysaver

We have more event details. It looks like most of the good stuff at DHS will be open, which is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I am now considering taking the AM EMH at DHS out of our itinerary, because most folks at the event will be looking to take in the event stuff, but other than the fireworks, I could care less about the event stuff and would rather ride the rides.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...y-is-august-14-at-disney’s-hollywood-studios/

I am so looking forward to this vacation. Even more so now after reading the blog. :sohappy:

WDW-LUVR

was just on WDW wefsite Park hours and found this
Star Tours - Closed for Refurbishment [ Wednesday, September 8 - Monday, May 16 ]

AEfx

It would be fun, but I said my goodbyes already. However, I will be at Disneyland when theirs reopens, since it will be around the same time as Mermaid and I'm making a trip out there to see both. Can't wait to follow the progress!!

fosse76

Pre-trip anxiety is starting to settle in. Nothing is packed. My partner is out of town until 6 days before we leave, so there will be a lot of running around at the last minute. She stinks at time management and that that always creates more stress for me. I am second guessing every single thing that we have planned, including this event because I have not much of an idea as to what I have spent my money on buying and if we are rained out, I am going to be super ticked off and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Can we just fast forward about 3 weeks?

Seriously, is there nothing more that they can tell us about the event?!?!

It takes you a month to pack?? :lookaroun

mickeysaver

It takes you a month to pack?? :lookaroun

Honey, if you knew my partner, you would understand. :ROFLOL:

It took her 5 hours to coordinate our clothing for each day for our trip in December. We have lots of stuff to get that I haven't had the time to acquire since I have had no help the past 2 weeks at home. Let's just say that pre-travel stress is much better when I can get things get done slowly over time with her home well in advance of our stay.

JarJarJedi

After thinking that I wasn't going to be able to go to Disney while I was going to be in Florida for Celebration V (My ex-boyfriend and I were going to go after the con), I'm going to this event. Early Christmas gift from my parents.

I'm going to Disney! :sohappy: (For less than one day, but I'm still going. :sohappy:)

Plus it will be my first "solo trip" there since not even my roomies from the con are going. :cool: But I might find one of my friends from one of the many forums that I am on.

EmperorMilenko

I can't wait for ST2.0...but I'm sad to see this version go. I've grown accustomed to it over the last 18 years. I'm gonna miss the whiplash from lightspeed...and sitting in the back and going into lightspeed and hitting your head. I had some bad luck. Hope they change that for me. :brick:

JarJarJedi

Just to clarify, the Star Speeder 1000 and Donald Duck as Shadow Trooper will only be avaliable at Celebration V. I don't see them offering this at the park, considering that they do have other stuff for sale at the convention.

From Rebelscum.com:

Disney (441)
- Donald Duck as Shadow Trooper. Limited to 5,000. $11.95.
- Hologram Emperor Stitch Pin. Limited to 1,980. $11.95.
- Star Tours Boarding Party 5 Pin Set. Limited to 3,000. $34.95.
- Starspeeder 1000 Sneak Preview Vehicle. Limited to 10,000. $24.95.
- The Empire Strikes Back Poster Pin #1. Limited to 750. $9.95.
- The Empire Strikes Back Poster Pin #2. Limited to 750. $9.95.
- The Empire Strikes Back Poster Pin #3. Limited to 750. $9.95.
- The Empire Strikes Back Poster Pin #4. Limited to 750. $9.95.
- The Empire Strikes Back Poster Pin #5. Limited to 750. $9.95.
- The Empire Strikes Back Poster Pin #6. Limited to 750. $9.95.
- The Empire Strikes Back Poster Pin #7. Limited to 750. $9.95.
- The Empire Strikes Back Tiered Starter Pin Set. The 7 standard ESB pins, plus exclusive 8th, and Boba Fett Lanyard. Limited to 1,000. $79.95.

http://www.rebelscum.com/prec5-collectibles.asp

I can't find pictures of these pins anywhere. Does anyone know if they'll have any exclusive pins from Last Tour to Endor? I can't find anything on the Disney pin trading site.

But I'll have to pick up a shirt for sure at the event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom