Last second trip / no planning

RickP330

Hello all,
We surprisingly I was accepted to attend a conference at the "B" resort from Monday to Wednesday next week. Plans were just finalized this morning. That leaves me with what, 3 days to plan? No ADR's no Fast passes nothing. Worse I'll be attending the conference until around 3:30 every day, so that only leaves me half days for which I'll have buy a park pass for. I can save a little by buying a 3 day pass assuming I will go to the park Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I'll be arriving 10pm Sunday night and I am leaving around the same time Wednesday night. Worst part is I am sans DW and DD.

What to do....

Well at the top I would really like to hit Jock Lindsey's bar for a Hovito Mojito. I would really enjoy that.
The rest is wide open for suggestions which I really need. Staying in the "B" Resort I think ADR's and Fast Passes are out of the question?
It might make sense to hit AK and just deal with the standby line for Avitar flight of passage. Since I have no great expectations and I have not seen Avitar land it might make sense to experience that this trip.
If I could squeeze in Space Mountain in MK I might go for that as well.

Any advice? I'm going in cold here so I need all I could get. What would you do?
Regards,
Rick

PS Oh, and I have several magic bands, so I'll just take one of those with the linked tickets. No need to stop at the booths!!!

Last edited:

DisneyJoe

Check with the conference organizers, you may be able to purchase an after 2pm or after 4pm pass, although I am not sure how the pricing works out vs a 3 day pass...

Upvote 0

RickP330

Original Poster
Yes the half day ticket is available, but you can only buy one it seems. You cannot buy a 3 day half day ticket.

Just curious, what if I had a full day ticket, I sneak out at lunchtime and pick up a FP+ for Flight for later in the afternoon. Can I do that?
RP

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Yes the half day ticket is available, but you can only buy one it seems. You cannot buy a 3 day half day ticket.

Just curious, what if I had a full day ticket, I sneak out at lunchtime and pick up a FP+ for Flight for later in the afternoon. Can I do that?
RP
Why sneak out? Use the phone app. As soon as you have tickets linked to your account you can begin making FP+

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RickP330

Original Poster
Are the Kiosks now totally gone? Has it been that long for me LOL. I thought you could get same day FP+ at the Kiosks which were not available on the app...

RP

Upvote 0

RickP330

Original Poster
Okay, I'll wait but it still looks like I'll need at least 2 full day tickets. I'll check my options. Much Thanks.

Upvote 0

Rob562

If your meeting is officially registered with Disney (which it should be since you mentioned the partial-day tickets), then you should be able to buy discounted multi-day MYW tickets in addition to the After-2pm and After-4pm tickets. I found prices with a Google search of $133.24 for a 2-day base ticket and $194.58 for a 3-day base ticket, but it's not clear if those are the current prices.
Buying multi-day convention tickets also typically gets a free "option" added on to use for something like a water park or game of mini golf.

See if the meeting can give you a link, or if not try giving Disney Meetings a call directly to ask. (I looked and the number I came up with is 407-566-5600.

And the other poster is correct. As soon as you buy the tickets (I think the convention tickets you'll get a pdf voucher emailed to you), you can link them to your My Disney Experience account immediately using the serial number on the voucher and start making FastPass+ reservations from the pool of what's currently available.

And since you don't have a MagicBand or physical ticket, you'd have to stop at a park ticket window or Guest Relations with the voucher to have them issue you a plastic ticket to use for park entry and FastPass checkins.

-ROb

Upvote 0

RickP330

Original Poster
Thank you so much guys.
Last night I priced a standard 3 day pass at around $290. Buying three half day tickets would have saved me about $50 (4pm entry). Since I am really not sure of my schedule, and I don't want to be limited to 4pm and I am not sure how ADR's and FP+ would work with half day tickets I spent the extra $50 bucks and purchased standard tickets. If I want I can hit a rope drop early in the am and hit the conference which starts at a later time, but I might now have to rent a car.
I did get Eat to the Beat ADR's for Spice road table on Monday - that's a good start
But all "A" FP+'s are not available for Pandora. Any chance of scoring those between now and then? How does that work. Will FP+'s open up in the morning that I am going to the park?
Much TIA
Rick

Upvote 0

Rob562

Thank you so much guys.
Last night I priced a standard 3 day pass at around $290. Buying three half day tickets would have saved me about $50 (4pm entry). Since I am really not sure of my schedule, and I don't want to be limited to 4pm and I am not sure how ADR's and FP+ would work with half day tickets I spent the extra $50 bucks and purchased standard tickets. If I want I can hit a rope drop early in the am and hit the conference which starts at a later time, but I might now have to rent a car.
I did get Eat to the Beat ADR's for Spice road table on Monday - that's a good start
But all "A" FP+'s are not available for Pandora. Any chance of scoring those between now and then? How does that work. Will FP+'s open up in the morning that I am going to the park?
Much TIA
Rick

FastPasses opening up are purely luck of the draw at this point. All you can do is keep checking and refreshing the app. You at least have a slight advantage in that you're only trying to grab FastPasses for one person. So anything that opens up will show availability. Not as easy if you're trying for a group of 5 or 6.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Thank you so much guys.
Much TIA
Rick

Who is performing that night?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom