Last One In for Character Meal??

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Original Poster
Has anyone been the last one in for a character meal? We're specifically looking at Bon Voyage breakfast which has the last seating at noon. All the openings we've found are from 11:45 to 12:00. Would the characters be harried and rush through it because it's almost over and their shift is almost done? Is this even worth it?

winstongator

I’ve done this at ‘Ohana and it was great. Characters didn’t seem rushed, and restaurant was empty. Not sure if trattoria al forno does lunch. Just checked and it doesn’t. The characters at Bon voyage were very interactive when we were there. I would do it as lunch though. Maybe do Epcot or hs first then walk back to it.

slappy magoo

Anyone's mileage may vary but the last couple of times we've dined at 1900 Park Fare, it was a late breakfast, pretty much lunch time. The food was still fresh and the more people left the more time the characters spent with my kids. Alice and Mad Hatter especially spent a good 15 minutes just chatting with my kids.

HouCuseChickie

We had an 11:35am for the Bon Voyage breakfast on our past trip and we had great character interaction and excellent service/food. We never felt rushed. If anything, our server was really pushing us to settle in and relax.

I also think a lot hinges on management directive and your server. We've had last seatings for breakfasts before and had wonderful food and service and have had others (sometimes in the same trip) where it was clear that they wanted us out as fast as possible. Case in point, we had the last breakfast slot at Crystal Palace last trip and they made sure we saw every character and got plenty of food, but a couple of days earlier at our late 'Ohana breakfast, it was very clear our server wanted her shift to be over and the characters were more rushed. Then again...we've also had first seatings (1900 PF day before Christmas Eve) where it was a speed dining experience and most people were up and leaving after 30-40 min...like they didn't want to get behind at the start of the day so the characters were rushing through in an assembly line and servers were pushing the check on you at the 30 min mark. Bon Voyage at least has courses...so in theory...they should be giving you time between pastries, fruit, and entree.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Original Poster
We had an 11:35am for the Bon Voyage breakfast on our past trip and we had great character interaction and excellent service/food. We never felt rushed. If anything, our server was really pushing us to settle in and relax.

I also think a lot hinges on management directive and your server. We've had last seatings for breakfasts before and had wonderful food and service and have had others (sometimes in the same trip) where it was clear that they wanted us out as fast as possible. Case in point, we had the last breakfast slot at Crystal Palace last trip and they made sure we saw every character and got plenty of food, but a couple of days earlier at our late 'Ohana breakfast, it was very clear our server wanted her shift to be over and the characters were more rushed. Then again...we've also had first seatings (1900 PF day before Christmas Eve) where it was a speed dining experience and most people were up and leaving after 30-40 min...like they didn't want to get behind at the start of the day so the characters were rushing through in an assembly line and servers were pushing the check on you at the 30 min mark. Bon Voyage at least has courses...so in theory...they should be giving you time between pastries, fruit, and entree.

Awesome!! Thank you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom