News Last night's Moonlight Magic at Disney's Hollywood Studios continued with distanced character sightings

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I noticed this last night and was quite perplexed.

I didn’t see Monterey Jack and Fat Cat, though. When I walked by that area it was Chip and Dale (in Rescue Rangers attire).

castlecake2.0

1653499563966.gif

Piebald

I assumed it was just those 2 because perhaps those costumes are ancient / delicate? But if there were others then...who knows.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Beyond disappointing.

DVC members pay how much and they can’t let characters meet? Especially special and rare ones?

DVC are treated as second-class consumers once they purchase. They are thrown the occasional bone by management to keep them at bay. Otherwise, they are a cost center and allegedly don't spend as much as "regular" guests. Kind of like APs. But who will TDO need to keep the money flowing if a recession hits? 🤔 I bet the AP discount returns once the economy circles the drain.

doctornick

DVC are treated as second-class consumers once they purchase. They are thrown the occasional bone by management to keep them at bay.

How so? While I would agree that DVC members aren't given much in the way of perks, I think it would be more accurate to say that DVC members aren't treated any more special than any other Disney guests but I don't think they are treated "worse".

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
How so? While I would agree that DVC members aren't given much in the way of perks, I think it would be more accurate to say that DVC members aren't treated any more special than any other Disney guests but I don't think they are treated "worse".

What makes you think "regular" guests aren't treated as anything but second-class consumers these days as well? ;)

Basically, DVC is nothing special anymore, just a higher price point. And not even a high enough price point to garner something special, you have to be Club 33 or Golden Oak to get those these days.

The old joke/adage of guests consumers being nothing but walking ATM's has never been more on-point. "Now... more than ever!"

castlecake2.0

Ok Ms insider... please do tell us why DHS still uses this 'distanced' format while the parks have returned to regular M&Gs?

Oh I'm sure it's for 'guest experience' so they don't have to wait in line...
I don’t know why, but there is obviously a reason and not just for funsies. My guess would be is the department there does not have the labor capacity to schedule traditional meet and greets yet based on the amount of character attendants they have available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom